corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank Charges

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bank Charges
Andrew

User status: Offline
16th Mar 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are banks still allowed to do this? Halifax are charging me £35 as eBay took out their fees and i had money in the wrong account..

Fro

16th Mar 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, the court case hasn't gone through yet.

Although some Banks are still refunding the charges, they don't have to.
Andrew

16th Mar 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give them a call and see what they have to say.

Thank you!
Andrew

16th Mar 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell. Wanted to charge me £35 x 4 and then a £28 fee. Bastards!

Now paying £70 and they have dropped 2 x £35 and the £28.
XRK

16th Mar 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work for hbos mate, charges are nightmares to get back, that court case could drag on for years but banks are still taking claims in just not processing them till the court case is finished
MarkM

16th Mar 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I received one from HBOS for a direct debit that came out early which took me £8 overdrawn.

I got a nice £35 charge and £28 admin fee...

I tried to have it refunded but because the same happened in Jan 2008 (virtually one year before) they wouldnt refund it.

The very next month I moved everything...including my ISA which was full over to Natwest.

Another reason I moved - Halifax are also the most expensive for withdrawing money abroad.
rustyarchs

16th Mar 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone whos recently been made unemployed and can prove a large outgoing can claim hardship and force there claim to get seen though!
Cosmo

16th Mar 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Court case has already gone through and found its illegal. First appeal has already gone through and found it illegal. So now banks are going further in an attempt to get past it - they wont. Hold onto the details and send the claim in once its all done.
Andrew

16th Mar 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a massive issue but still annoying. Not opened my mail for about a week as i've been really busy. My own fault at the end of the day.

It's always the Halifax that i have problems with and seriously considering closing the accounts. I have a mortage with Lloyds TSB and another ready to start with Halifax and a large sum of money sitting in an ISA and Instant Saver at the Halifax.

They did it once before to me as well with my credit card. Never recieved a statement so never paid. They then charged me a late payment fee. Again, kind of my fault so paid a toll. I'll keep all the details though, that's for that advice Cosmo!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank Charges 22 database queries in 0.0126610 seconds