corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Putting weight on.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Putting weight on.....
stan_the_man

User status: Offline
25th Mar 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am sick of looking like 14 year old and im trying to put weight on to combat this..

Im 21, 6ft 2" and weigh about 12 and a half stone (bang on 80kgs to be exact - saying that, i need a poo..... anyway.........), but i want to put on a bit more weight.

I eat alot of food as i do a lot of manual work as i am a storeman at Currys Electrical (moving washing machines/fridges around etc etc) so i burn it off.

For breakfast i have 6x weetabix and a pint of milk

Then lunch i have 6x Ham, cheese and crisp rolls, usually followed by some form of chocolate.

In the evening im usually on chips or a pizza or similar..

Any idea on a kind of food or regime to rack up the lbs??

Might start at the gym soon.....
Marc

25th Mar 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need carbs - Pasta etc.
*JonnyG*

25th Mar 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your on about putting weight on then going to gym..

[Edited on 25-03-2009 by *JonnyG*]
stan_the_man

25th Mar 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
You need carbs - Pasta etc.

Hmm where will i get them tuned??

I see..... carbs ay......

Pasta/Rice/Bread right?
stan_the_man

25th Mar 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*

I dont want to put fat on, but i want to gain weight to be able to work it off...
*JonnyG*

25th Mar 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
quote:

I dont want to put fat on, but i want to gain weight to be able to work it off...

Ah right, to turn it in to muscle.
stan_the_man

25th Mar 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Bingo
--DAN--

25th Mar 09 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just can't put weight on!!
Weigh less now then I did when I was 16(12 years ago). I'm 5'9 and weigh about 9St 4lb. My job makes it very difficult to get a set routine for eating. I'll sometimes get up for work at 4am and not eat until 7pm

Marc

25th Mar 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fat doesn't turn to mucsle, you body uses the food you've eaten before its absorbed in to your system to fuel your workout. When you lose fat its also your body using it to fuel the body.
Nath

25th Mar 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only recently been able to put weight on. My BMI is now perfect. Which is nice.

Although when I was away with work in Switzerland we had a big old cooked lunch every day, and over a period of 2 weeks I put on nearly half a stone
stan_the_man

25th Mar 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work at a sawmill and i gained alot of muscle there. My folks asked me if i was on steroids haha.

That was due to having to concrete the whole yard!!
Ben G

25th Mar 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i eat a lot of bread now and i seem to be putting a bit of weight on. put 7 pounds (half a stone) on since xmas.

but that's also doing manual things in work such as fitting flywheels by hand instead of using a hoist

[Edited on 25-03-2009 by Ben G]
Wrighty

25th Mar 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need protein and complex carbs in your diet, then start weights

6 weetabix thats all fibre really so wont put any weight on from that.

6x rolls at lunch, look at filling them with protein - ie tuna or similar

again, plenty of protein & carbs for dinner/tea.
ssj_kakarot

25th Mar 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
quote:

Bingo

very common misconception as someone already said it doesnt work like that, fat can not be turned into mucle.

anyway, you need to eat a lot more and eat decent food.

your very tall and im guessing you have a high matabalism anyway, really you should be eating a lot more, 6 meals a day +protein shakes/mass building shakes

breakfast should be something like

6 egg omletee
large bowl of oats with honey, raisians and flax seed mixed in
protein shake with half a tub of yogurt and a banana blended in

then you need to eat decent quality food every 2-3 hours after that, ow and start the gym now dont wait.
Ben G

25th Mar 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

random question: do protein shakes make you fat? can you take them before doing manual work e.g lifting/moving about all the time etc?
Marc

25th Mar 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will if you don't do any exercise.
ssj_kakarot

25th Mar 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
random question: do protein shakes make you fat? can you take them before doing manual work e.g lifting/moving about all the time etc?

nope they wont make you fat, although gaining weight is all related to how many calories you instake in a day and how many you burn off, but as there are not to many in protein shakes it wont make you fat.

protein is used by the body to repair the tissue/mucle damage you have performed in the gym.

carbs make you fat
Twiggy

25th Mar 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
ssj_kakarot

25th Mar 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

also if you think that they will make you bigger it doesnt really work like that you need to push the mucle and tear the fibres down in order for them to be rebuilt bigger, when you work your body gets used to the stress everyday, hence you need the gym
Ben G

25th Mar 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do some weights mostly every day, forgot to put that in.
Gareth F

25th Mar 09 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 6'4" and was at 11st for ages and was always called lanky so i decided to bulk out with muscle and fat lol. Now im 16st 2lbs and considered broad now so im hitting the gym to tone up and sort out my beer gut. Just keep an eye on your weight as it can shoot up if you dont control your diet
DizzyRebel

25th Mar 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carbs? wht the fuck do you want carbs for?

You want to put on muscle, not fat - carbs are WORSE to eat than fat. You want to up your protein intake to at least 150g a day! Cut the pizza and chips out at tea time too stat!

Complex carbs ie pasta, brown bread, oatmeal, rice, potatoes should be consmed BEFORE 2pm and never after, you may have a small 50g serving of complex carbs upto an hour after you train but thats it.

You want to put on quality mass, not fatty crap. Clean caloiries are what you want! you need to eat every 3 hours religiously with lean protein served with every meal, protein shakes are good way to add to your intake.

Morning is where you should consume the majority of your carbs, evening is time for healthy fats (nuts, seeds, cheese etc) alos you will never gain proper muscle untill you join the gym!

Join a gym and get a personal trainier to coach your exercises and put you on a proper fat loss/muscle gaining programme as you will never get it right on your own.
Carl

25th Mar 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm the same height and weight. If i eat like a horse I stay the same weight, if I don't I stay the same weight. People under estimate the body's ability to regulate weight.

Dizzy, why no carbs after 2?

radicalry00

25th Mar 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Carbs? wht the fuck do you want carbs for?

You want to put on muscle, not fat - carbs are WORSE to eat than fat. You want to up your protein intake to at least 150g a day! Cut the pizza and chips out at tea time too stat!

Complex carbs ie pasta, brown bread, oatmeal, rice, potatoes should be consmed BEFORE 2pm and never after, you may have a small 50g serving of complex carbs upto an hour after you train but thats it.

You want to put on quality mass, not fatty crap. Clean caloiries are what you want! you need to eat every 3 hours religiously with lean protein served with every meal, protein shakes are good way to add to your intake.

Morning is where you should consume the majority of your carbs, evening is time for healthy fats (nuts, seeds, cheese etc) alos you will never gain proper muscle untill you join the gym!

Join a gym and get a personal trainier to coach your exercises and put you on a proper fat loss/muscle gaining programme as you will never get it right on your own.

I wouldn't recommend that everyone should avoid most carbs after 2pm. Different bodytypes require different nutritional macros. Fair enough if you're an endomorph or mesomorph then you don't really need as many carbs. However, a true ectomorph can and should eat carbs throughout most of the day to gain weight, especially if they're training 3/4 days a week. An ectomorph bodytype usually has an above average metabolism. So Stan, if he struggles to put on weight, may well be an ecto.

I'm an endomorph (put on weight easily but also have the potential to put on fat easily) so I try and limit carbs to before 5/6 only. I usually go to the gym at about 5pm so my post-workout meal usually consists of about 50/60g of complex carbs.

[Edited on 25-03-2009 by radicalry00]
DizzyRebel

25th Mar 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends if your training for ultimate bulk or just a more lean and toned look. complex carbs make you fat. 100-200g of them a day is sufficient, the rest of your carbs should be eaten in fruit or green vegetables.

Chances are his training intensity wont be anywhere near high enough so a large amount of complex carbs will only be stored as fat. 2pm is the cutoff point for anyone who wants a low bmi, green veg and fruit will be fine to suffice for the rest of the day.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Putting weight on..... 22 database queries in 0.0686460 seconds