corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone had thier fingernail drilled

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone had thier fingernail drilled
andyc1234

User status: Offline
26th Mar 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

squashed my thumb in the hydraulic clamp for the saw at work this morning. swolen up lke a biatch. just sounds scary i dont like the idea of it being drilled and blood spurting out.
stubs

26th Mar 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go get it done... you dont feel any pain, just the releif when the pressure is released.

Mine wasn't drilled... they just used a small (sterile) needle and twisted it left-right until it went in.
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i did mine i put a pun through the front, under the nail and it squirted over the desk lol.

doesnt hurt.
BluKoo

26th Mar 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only when i was in debt to the Triads.
andyc1234

26th Mar 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my whole nail is blue it looks rank. tea time then got some rear shoes to fit on a punto then its hospital time me thinks. im a girl with things like this.
andys sxi
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had it done as said before where its a pin going in, i broke the tip of my finger and they had to squeese the blood out of mine it hurt a little bit due to the broken tip

it does release the pressure on the finger and will make it better if i was you i would go and get it done b4 the blood drys up and the pain will be there untill gets better

April 08 feature car
andyc1234

26th Mar 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a feeling i have broke something. whole thumb hurts
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They heat the needle up and it pushes straight through the nail to drain the blood, just don't look if you don't like blood, you won't feel pain or if you do it will be the releif from the pressure once the blood has drained.
andyc1234

26th Mar 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea going hospital then. getting 20 quid for dong this punto, has to be done tonight so will go later
Welsh Dan

26th Mar 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I trapped my thumb, they used what was basically a soldering iron to pierce the needle and relieve the pressure. No pain
Jakey
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I trapped my finger trying to get the wheel of a Merc ML last year.

I just heated up a sterile needle with a lighter and peirced my nail, needless to say it stung like a motherfucker.
fazza

26th Mar 09 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics or it didnt happen

never had it mate. be ok though andy
Jakey
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im trying to find the pic but it must be on my old pc
Mo

26th Mar 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope ur ready for a 4 hour wait in hospital first then then just use this device that punches a tiny hole in ur nail (bit like wot diabetic use on their finger) the worse bit for me was when the squeezed the finger to get the blood out
alan-g-w

26th Mar 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I crushed my thumb as well just late last year there. Was holding a pipe by the flange, pulled it hard to get it off and ended up getting my thumb trapped in between the flange and a piece of metal. The whole thing swelled up and the nail went black.

I went to the hospital, ended up waiting 2 hours to be seen to be told the only thing they could do was a red hot needle through it. I told them thanks but no thanks, they dipped it in anti bacterial stuff and put an over the top bandage on it.

Basically just get the smallest drill bit you can find and don't even push it down that hard, just let it start to drill gently. No pain from the drill and there's a bit of blood but it does a lot for the pain.
Hammer

26th Mar 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd do it myself with a stanley knife. You'll probably come out of hospital with MRSA anyway.
Fraser Young

26th Mar 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best way to do this is to use a red hot paper clip (as it makes a reasonable enough bore of hole). This is the method I use in the Hospital.

Being red hot it will melt the nail with minimal pressure at all and you'll feel easily when it's through enough.

It doesn't hurt, needs done sooner rather than later before the blood clots, and should be cleaned both before and after thoroughly.
Cosmo

26th Mar 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NHS cost cutting I see.
andyc1234

26th Mar 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

andyc1234

26th Mar 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mite just shove a pin in the end
alan-g-w

26th Mar 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drill is far more sensible... small, think I used something like a 1mm
andyc1234

26th Mar 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hurts like fook when i press on it though im scared need someone to hold my hand
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lad at my old work did it last year, heated the end of a screw up and popped it, his nail fell of afterwards too.
Jakey
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said, red hot pin will slide straight into your nail. Quickest and easiest way.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
A lad at my old work did it last year, heated the end of a screw up and popped it, his nail fell of afterwards too.

And when I say afterwards, I meant a good few weeks not straight after.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone had thier fingernail drilled 23 database queries in 0.0165741 seconds