corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » DJ Day - CDJ 100

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DJ Day - CDJ 100
wilson_sri

User status: Offline
28th Mar 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone here with a bit knowledge about the pioneer cdj 100s? looking into a set, look worth the price tag. Whats the opinion on them, anyone had any experiance using them. Just really for bedroom use, putting together mixes, house partys etc

http://www.djstore.com/item/piocdj100.htm

[Edited on 28-03-2009 by wilson_sri]
jrsteeve

28th Mar 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for home use they'd be fine mate. Not much point going for top of the range when you won't use or need half of the extra features
Carl

28th Mar 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one a few years ago. Put it this way, if you can mix with them it is a piece of piss when you get onto the proper cd decks.

It was a bit shit to tell you the truth, but the my mate had the top gear at his house so I had direct comparison and could realise how rubbish and harder to use it was.

They aren't worth anywhere near that though, you will be dissapointed if you spend that for a set then realise what they are like compared to others. i'd go second hand option, sure I paid about 100 quid and sold it for the same.
Cheese Man Chris

28th Mar 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was faced with a similar decision earlier this week. I was looking at the 200's tho, spoke to a DJ friend and asked him if they were any good and he said....NO lol

He said don't waste your money on decks that dont have vinyl mode, and I kind of thought hummm cant be that much of a difference I don't want to do scrathching. Bearing in mind I just sold vinyl decks he said I will hate not having that feature. However with vinyl I never used to scratch a record in so couldnt really understand the problem with having a play button.

Anyway he lent me some with vinyl mode to see what they are like, and omg he's right! If i were to dj on them just cueing a track and pressing play it's like having a both arms chopped off.

How about getting a cheaper brand second hand that have vinyl mode for a tiny bit more money
Jonny P

28th Mar 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, "vinyl" mode is a bit of a gimmick. Its good for slowing records down but you don't NEED it.

Im lucky enough to have Pioneer CDJ1000's and they are the top of the range. Before that i had Numark Axis 9's which are great! For the price i would highly recommend them. Obviously if you can pick up some CDJ800s second hand then do so, but if you cant, Numark Axis 9's are great.

www.djstore.co.uk
www.decks.co.uk

2 great sites i've used plenty of times before. Hope ive been a help to you mate.
Wrighty

28th Mar 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say spend a tad more and go for either the 400's or 800's, ya can pick up 800's second hand for a bit more.

im currently on 2x cdj 1000's & djm 400 but when i get a bit better il be looking to expand on my kit i think
wilson_sri

29th Mar 09 at 02:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
id say spend a tad more and go for either the 400's or 800's, ya can pick up 800's second hand for a bit more.

im currently on 2x cdj 1000's & djm 400 but when i get a bit better il be looking to expand on my kit i think

Yeh i have been looking at 400s tonight. TBH the more i look, the more i think the 100s are nowhere near capable of what im wanting. So would rather splash out a bit more on 400s.
Wrighty

29th Mar 09 at 03:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris @ the audio works uk will be able to sort you out a good deal where i got my kit from!

http://www.theaudioworksuk.com/userimages/procart4.htm

iv also dealt with www.getinthemix.co.uk, they werent too bad
Carl

29th Mar 09 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wilson_sri
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty

Yeh i have been looking at 400s tonight. TBH the more i look, the more i think the 100s are nowhere near capable of what im wanting. So would rather splash out a bit more on 400s.

They are capable, you can mix with them, but i'd advise against buying them unless they were an absolute bargain.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » DJ Day - CDJ 100 22 database queries in 0.3213291 seconds