corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » F20 gearbox linkage bushes????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F20 gearbox linkage bushes????
Adamcorsaredtop

User status: Offline
30th Mar 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Where can i find the 4 bushes which goes on to the linkage on the gearbox? and where could i find the bush at the bottom of the gear stick?? Hope you can help because when i put it in gear i got bout and inch to inch and half lol need the bits ASAP. Or where can i get a quick shift?? Thanks adam

Heres the pics:

Adamcorsaredtop

30th Mar 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one???
andyc1234

30th Mar 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall
Adamcorsaredtop

30th Mar 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate thanks didnt no if there was some website or anything. any one used the quick shift set up????
john_c20xe

30th Mar 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i used it on f20, felt much nicer to change gear, got mine from lmp tho and got ripped off!
the bar that goes side to side with the ball joints needed small metal retaining clips to stop the balls popping of when going in reverse,
mine didnt come with,
i phoned lmf and told them all i got was, ''well your welcome to buy some new clips from us'' so i wouldnt go with them
Terry12

30th Mar 09 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've fit all new bushes from Vuaxhall for my linkage, didn't cost much. I had a welder I know tig up a shorter linkage to selector bar. I made up my own bar with a couple of balljoints and some threaded bar.

Linkage seems spot on, Feels much smoother than I expected.
john_c20xe

30th Mar 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you just cut a bit out of the linkage and weld it back together? myte do it to mine
Terry12

30th Mar 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to just chop some out of the middle and get it welded like in the above picture but after discussing it with my welder it was decided removing the bracket then cutting the desired amount of rod off then re-welding the bracket back on was the strongest option.

It's hard to explain, I'll try to get pics but it's on the car so will be a squeeze.
Kevxx

31st Mar 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adamcorsaredtop
ok mate thanks didnt no if there was some website or anything. any one used the quick shift set up????

lmf do the bushes, i have the quickshift with polybushes, works lovely

New Poll