corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe had died on me HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe had died on me HELP
sri_baby

User status: Offline
16th Apr 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there havin problems with my corsa sport i set off 4 work this morin started up fine wen t shop then set off t work and the car died on me and wouldnt start again now it only just starts buts runnin on 2 pots and wont rev at all and then dies again need halp asap ive just done the water pump ive done about 350 mile since the water pump bein done and now this if u can help plz u2u me it would really help many thanx john

[Edited on 16-04-2009 by sri_baby]
cheater

17th Apr 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Timing, get it checked. Have you got an ECU lights on when its dying and running lumpy?
Richardhhha

17th Apr 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

running ok then pop running on 2 and cutting out.. Sounds like timing may have gone but if its because something was loose i would have thought it would have gone before 350 miles.. Who did the water pump? Also did it make any funny noises before it died or did anything other than normal before it died?
Torsa g

17th Apr 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id go with the alternator pulley has spun on off the woodruff key
sri_baby

17th Apr 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there woznt any noise wen it died it woz just like it stalled and i did the water pump and i woz thinkin there the pulley had cum loose as wen i did the water pump there woz a little damage t the key on the crank shaft im gonna go down that rount first as ive just got a new engine 4 parts will keep u updated ppl and if u think of anythin else plz let me no many thanx john
Torsa g

17th Apr 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri_baby
there woznt any noise wen it died it woz just like it stalled and i did the water pump and i woz thinkin there the pulley had cum loose as wen i did the water pump there woz a little damage t the key on the crank shaft im gonna go down that rount first as ive just got a new engine 4 parts will keep u updated ppl and if u think of anythin else plz let me no many thanx john

defo!!
sri_baby

17th Apr 09 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

than 4 ya help torsa g ill let u no how it turns out
Richardhhha

17th Apr 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

expensive lol

good tip you see any damage on that key get a new one because its gona cost ya.. nooo what i mean
sri_baby

18th Apr 09 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me about it lol
sri_baby

18th Apr 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey ppl than 4 ya help it woz the key that had fucked up all good and well now ive replaced it than 4 ya help
Torsa g

20th Apr 09 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good news nice to hear you sorted pal!!

New Poll