corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe idol too high help please !!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe idol too high help please !!!!!
Super6

User status: Offline
17th Apr 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After some advice...

Jut fit my re-built xe into a corsa B and got it all wired and plumbed in. Started it up and it ran fine after the lifters had filled with oil, the idle sorted itself out after the choke came off and it idled about 800rpm "ish". Left it ticking over to bleed up the cooling system etc and it stayed fine through all this.I took off the throttle body to sort something out and then when i built it up and fired it up its idling at about 1200rpm then works its way up to 1600 as it gets to temperature. I didnt alter anything on the throttle body that i can recall. The idle control valve is still plugged in the mass air flow is plugged in. There is no air leaks that i can see before the MAF. Iv had the throttle body off about 485903 times to mess about anf fiddle with this and that to try and sort it out but its just idling the same.
Anyone else had the same problem? anyone got any ideas on what to do as im now stumped .
cheers
Will94

17th Apr 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If ur not getting any fault codes then it must be an airleak somewhere. check for hairline cracks in any hoses
Super6

18th Apr 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will check tommorow, cheers
Nic Barnes

18th Apr 09 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idle control valve might be goosed. quite often wont bring up a fault code.

New Poll