corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » whats the deal with -90mm springs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats the deal with -90mm springs
corsa120

User status: Offline
20th Apr 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car is up on axle stands at the mo and ive fitted -90mm springs and im shocked how easy they fall out of the car, im very sure they wont fall out when the cars on its wheels very easy but im concerned about the mot....

have any of you passed the mot without changing them as im considering gettin some -40/-60mm springs for the mot...

i used to run fk coilover springs at the back WITHOUT the spring cups and it sat about 75-80mm and dont remember them falling out that easy lol

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by corsa120]
andyc1234

20th Apr 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how short your shocks are really. They probably wont fall out but will be loose which will fail an mot best off swapping them
john_c20xe

20th Apr 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get shortend shoks for 60mm and lower springs mate think bilstein do them

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by john_c20xe]
lee_dodd

21st Apr 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cable tie the bottom of the spring on to the beam, thats what i did with my 100mm springs
Kenzie

21st Apr 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got 100mm springs in, and theyre secured at the bottom with jubilee clips.

Passed the MOT a few weeks ago with no problems
corsa120

21st Apr 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did u leave the jubilee clips on for the mot as that looks dodgy lol
john_c20xe

21st Apr 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cable ties! jubilee clips!! are you lot mad!
must of been a dodgy mot to pass them
Twinny2

21st Apr 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, cable ties are good. As long as they're secure it will pass the MOT. Avo do short rear shockers too
Jase1.4

22nd Apr 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah as twinny said, as long as there secure when the car is jacked up it will pass an mot, and cable ties will do!
although i got a advisory for my suspension being 'stiff' this year so duno if there gettin tougher on things

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by Jase1.4]
steven_r2008

22nd Apr 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a car to pass the mot on the springs, it doen't matter if they are loose in their seatings when car if fully lifted, as long as they don't fall out so if they fall out when the shock absorber is fully extended then it will fail the mot.

as for the cable ties and jubilee clips . . . you lot are mental haha. if it works thats fine however i can imagine a few mot garages being a bit funny about seeing such a thing and may fail it
corsa120

22nd Apr 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

umm think im gonna get some bigger ones for the mot test
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take my -100mm springs out for the mot and put my -60mm ones back in. Mainly because I dont want it bottoming out on the brake tester lol

I use a couple of cable ties to keep mine in place and touch wood they have never fell out. But because they are so small they sometimes might not go into the cup right if you're letting the car off the jack etc. Just something to keep an eye on
john_c20xe

22nd Apr 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was a proper MOT place they wuld fail them for being insecure as cable ties are not efficient enough to carry the load of a spring moving about.

sri_baby

23rd Apr 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 50 mm on mine and wen i jacked it up t fix a puncher i could pull mine out but wen u lower it down make sure there located properly coz mine made a rite noise goin down the road and as 4 the mot mine past and i didnt do anythin t hold em in place hope u get it sorted

New Poll