corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » the other corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author the other corsa
paradise

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont ask me why i got this but for some silly reason i did...
corsa sport 1.6 16v with the cambelt snapped so needs a new head but lets go for a engine change..the headlights will be swapped with the ones on my sri not sure what to do about the rear lights.the plans with this one is to drop it about 80mm on the back and 60mm on the front,ive just brought a 1.8 engine out of a astra sport,im half way threw sorting some converted drive shafts out with a friend of mine,the car will be de-badged a set of tinted windows and a few other odd's and sod's....i will update as i go on so keep checking now and then

DaveyLC

23rd Apr 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say you would be better off buying an inlet and exhaust system for the 1.6.. The X18XE is a big old heavy block and there isnt much you can do with it... Be quicker with the tweaked 1.6 and cheaper!
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates old car, just swap bits onto the sri mate. and brake it down

me and james were gunna buy it and brake it, but he sold it to this kiddy we know before we got the money lol. out of interest, how much u pay? lol
Sean-B

23rd Apr 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I have to say you would be better off buying an inlet and exhaust system for the 1.6.. The X18XE is a big old heavy block and there isnt much you can do with it... Be quicker with the tweaked 1.6 and cheaper!

i take it you have a different 1.8 then?
paradise

23rd Apr 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah not going to break it i think its a good shell so gives me chance to do the hole thing over time its not going to be a rush job....i didnt pay much lets just say i got it off my mate danny.
DaveyLC

23rd Apr 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean-B
i take it you have a different 1.8 then?

Correct..
<----- click on my avatar

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » the other corsa 23 database queries in 0.0119641 seconds