corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car running really badly

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car running really badly
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
   25th Apr 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,Just after some advive really on what to try and do. Basically the car is running really badly, it wont rev up freely and if you hold the throttle in a certain position it wont stay at that amounts of revs, it will go up and down,the car sounds like a tractor. when i go to unplug the cam shaft sensor it makes no difference what so ever to how the car runs, BUT ive tryed fitting another sensor and it still the same, i highly doubt i have two dodgy sensors., ive recently done the cambelt, so is it posible the timing is out?, but surly the sensor should still read and effect it if its unpluged suddenly? i was think maybe the crank sensor, but again, even if that wasnt working i would of thought that if i unpluged the camshaft sensor this should still effect how it runs. ( oh the engine managment light is on) the car is all back togther minus the air box and the alternator belt.

any ideas on what to do, possible problems etc? any help would be great.

Thanks
Jim

[Edited on 25-04-2009 by SRI-LEE]
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
25th Apr 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone ?

New Poll