corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alton Towers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alton Towers
stubs

User status: Offline
28th Apr 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to go to Alton Towers in a few weeks and stay over rather than driving back knackered.

Anyone know of somewhere nice to stay nearby where I can take my lady for a nice meal and a drink in the evening? Maybe then onto a nice swanky club for a disco dance

Help?
Brett
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stay in that hotel there with the water slides and stuff!
RichR
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for clubs/night out you would be better staying in Derby which is about 30mins away.

If you were looking for somewhere closer with bars/restaurants then Ashbourne isn't bad.

I live about 5 mins from Towers
RichR
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
depends very much how much you want to spend; I live less than 5 mins from Alton Towers.

Do you want cheap and cheerful or a B&B or hotel or farmhouse.

I know quite a few as used to manage one of the biggest pubs close to the Towers

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
http://www.tenementfarm.co.uk/

http://www.leehousefarmbandb.co.uk/

There's now a Travel Lodge in Ashbourne which is closer to Alton Towers than Uttoxeter and has a pretty good nightlife/selection of restaurants etc.

Missus runs this place which is 10mins away

http://www.callowhall.co.uk/
stubs

28th Apr 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, I just want somewhere to get our heads down... I'm more bothered about somewhere to eat/drink in town.

We might yet be getting 2 single rooms... as I said she's a lady, and I've only seen her a few times. I think she wants more of the romance shit before she's gonna give it up

A travel lodge would do for me... somewhere like callowhall would be nice, but pointless if we're staying seperate... save somewhere like that for the magic

What nice resturaunts are there around Ashbourne or Derby? And clubs?
RichR
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ashbourne has:
Callow Hall (missus runs it so I have to plug it)
Tastes (reasonable value, good food)
Dragon's Palace (Chinese)
The Dining Room (expensive, 2 rosettes etc)
Bramhall's (medium priced, english food, nice atmosphere)
Quartorze (never been so can't comment)
Lamplight (medium priced, english food, nice atmosphere)

plus lots of pubs etc

The only "club" is the Green Man really, which opens its function room as a club at weekends; its not good/bad just somewhere to go later on.

Derby has a few, especially the bigger chain pubs like wetherspoons etc. My favourite is Masa which is stunning, pricey but the food is worth it.

For what you're after I'd suggest stopping at the Green Man in Ashbourne (or Travel Lodge but its a 10min. walk from the centre) There are plenty of pubs/bars/restaurants and the atmosphere is pretty good. Its a smallish market town but there are soem pretty good shops and it hasn't been inundated with chain shops/bars.
Toby
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went saturday and stayed in the hotel - my dad got it as a christmas present for work - £670 what a rip off. Dont stay in the hotel waht ever you do, its cheap - Stay in Ashbourne or theres a premier inn about 2 mins down the road.

[Edited on 28-04-2009 by CorsaB4ever]
RichR
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never seen a Premier Inn; there's a Travel Lodge just outside Ashbourne which is 10mins from Towers.........
Half Pint

28th Apr 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have stayed at the laurels B&B not far form alton towers at all and has a bar... pool table and dart board. clean and nice...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alton Towers 22 database queries in 0.0134461 seconds