corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine managment light and lack of power on full throttle, corsa B x10xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine managment light and lack of power on full throttle, corsa B x10xe
wakey1512

User status: Offline
4th May 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My throttle always seems needle line and it revs by only pressing the pedal a little bit, pressing about 1/4 to 3/4 of the pedal will be all it takes for the car to rev, however if i floor the pedal the car still revs but engine light comes on and the car judders/loses power/ holds back

Now the only time it does this since i dont really rag the car around is when im on a dual carridge way doing about 70mph, and i fully put the pedal down.. the light comes on and the car holds back/loses power

now i understand i could do a paperclip test and find the error but i dont think i can do this test on the 1 litre x10xe engine?

help would be appreciated

[Edited on 04-05-2009 by wakey1512]
Jam666
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th May 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

airflow meter
wakey1512

4th May 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it be a case of a new one? or clean the old one?
wakey1512

5th May 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump, i need to be sure its the airflow mass meter before i dish out 30 quid on one...
johnhara1

5th May 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFM is very common on the 1L engine but cant be 100% sure unless you get it plugged into a fault code reader.

A local garage should do this for about £30.

New Poll