corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1987 Golf GTI 1.8 8v

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1987 Golf GTI 1.8 8v
Jake

User status: Offline
4th May 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For sale is my 1987 Golf GTI 1.8 8v(kjet) finished in Porsche Iris blue
Originally a small bumper model, it has been converted to 90spec throughout including big bumpers front and rear, ariel moved from n/s wing to roof and I replaced the interior with a red striped one from a 1991 gti last year.

The MOT is running till the beginning of october and the tax is due at the beginning of august

Exterior:
-Big bumpers front and rear including 90 spec arch and door trims and new red gti trim badges
-4 lamp grill with red pin stripe and 2 week old outer hella lamps
-Smoothed rear VW badge recess and badge holes
-UK font pressed ally plates, ive never ran the front plate but it will be included
-polished door handle inserts
-Supersprint stainless twin round backbox . Very quiet and subtle with standard exhaust system which looks almost new
- Auto bra bonnet bra

Interior/ICE:

-90 spec red stripe interior in very good condition
-Kenwood tape player linked to a 9 disc cd changer in the boot
-pheonix gold 4 channel amp powers front and rear speakers

Chassis:

-Compomotive TH mono in trak black 8jx15 et25 up front and rears spaced out to et18 only a couple of months old at the most, immaculate.
-KW Variant 1 coilovers cost me £580 last November and only been used for at most 700miles. like new.
-front and rear arch work to accommodate the wheels

Engine and gearbox:

-the engine bay is completely standard with braided injector hoses and 90spec expansion tank welded in. I serviced the engine with new airfilter, plugs, oil, and oil filter last November and the cambelt was replaced in febuary with a genuine Volkswagen belt and tensioner
-gearbox was replaced for a recon box in 2004 and was told it was replaced again more recently. It looks near brand new anyway

as with any car of this age, it isnt perfect and pride myself on being an honest person. There are a couple of things which could do with sorting. When cold, the engine hunts on idle for about 30seconds and then smooths out and runs sweet as a nut. im led to believe its the cold start valve(5th injector), its been like this since i bought the car and hasnt bothered me in the slightest. Secondly within the past 40 miles the milage hasnt been going up on the clocks. Thirdly the radio isnt plugged in on the back of the headunit so doesnt work but all thats needs doing is, well, plugging back in. i dont listen to the radio so havent bothered sorting it out. Last but not least, due to the ride height full lock isnt really an option but again it looks fliping quality so it just means one or two more manouvers which is a small price to pay

As you can see from the picture there is a lot of service history, the previous owner resprayed and rebuilt the car from scratch regardless of cost. I have spent a small fortune on the car and went as far to rent a garage to store the car when not in use.

Here are a few pictures of the car, the eyebrow spoiler is no longer fitted but will be included in the sale. I will get pictures of the interior at a later date

£2800

[Edited on 04-05-2009 by jake]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1987 Golf GTI 1.8 8v 24 database queries in 0.0096898 seconds