corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Car PC Parts, Package or Parts separate...

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car PC Parts, Package or Parts separate...
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   11th May 09 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just before we start, this isn't cheap halfords stuff, this stuff is quite serious kit!

All of these bits were bought to build a powerful in-car PC to run completely on 12v's with a proper startup/shutdown controller. If you want to see what these parts can do have a look on www.mp3car.com. Most prts have only been taken out of their packets, hardly handled (handled properly if they have been) and never used - they are BRAND NEW. Many of the parts still have lots of warentee (sp?) remaining.

Parts I have:

Intel Mini ITX motherboard, Model Number: D945GCLF. This has an Intel Atom 1.6GHz processor burnt into it.

quote:

Details:

The Intel D945GCLF is the first ATOM powered mini-ITX board to hit the market and is bound to be an instant success based on the performance from the low-power CPU coupled with Intel's aggressive pricing.

The ATOM 1.6GHz CPU is rated at 4W TDP, but due to the power requirements of the 945GC chipset, the board as a whole will use between 20~34W of power dependent on how hard you are working it.

Benchmarks have shown that with hyperthreading disabled, the Atom is very similar to the VIA C7 in processing ability. With hyperthreading enabled, the Atom is twice as good. The 1.6GHz HyperThread Atom core achieved 2.8 total folding points per hour (pph) using a bootable folding benchmark CD, whilst the VIA C7 achieved 1.16pph.

Our cusomers have also reported that this ATOM motherboard running Ubuntu Hardy Server and Desktop works perfectly.

Specifications:

Form factor: Mini-ITX / micro-ATX compatible (6.75 inches by 6.75 inches [171.45 millimeters by 171.45 millimeters])
Processor: Integrated Intel® Atom™ processor with a 533 MHz system bus
Memory:
One 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
Support for DDR2 533 / 667 MHz DIMMs
Support for up to 2 GB of system memory
Chipset: Intel® 945GC and ICH7
Power Requirements: 20pin ATX Connector + 4pin AUX 12V (P4) connector
Audio : Realtek* ALC662 audio code (2+2 channel HD audio)
:Video: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
I/O control: SMSC LPC47M997 based Legacy I/O controller for serial, parallel, and PS/2 ports
LAN support: 10/100 Mbits/sec LAN subsystem using the Realtek LAN adapter device
Peripheral interfaces:
Six USB 2.0 ports
Two SATA ports (3.0 GB/s)
One parallel ATA IDE interface with UDMA 33, ATA-66/100 support
One serial port
One parallel port
PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports
Expansion capabilities: One PCI Conventional bus connector

I'm looking for around £50 posted

M1-ATX 90W 12v power supply

quote:

Intelligent Automotive / Car DC-DC ATX PC Power Supply

M1-ATX is an intelligent vehicle (car, boat, electric cart, etc) 12V DC-DC ATX PC power supply. Designed to provide power and to control the ON/OFF switch of a motherboard (PC) based on ignition status, M1-ATX is a wide input (6-24V) vehicle or car DC-DC ATX power supply capable of surviving tough car engine cranks (down to 5.7V) as well as transient over-voltage situations.

M1-ATX has 8 user selectable microcontroller driven timing modes, allowing you to choose up to 8 ignition/shutdown vehicle / car timing schemes. By removing all user-selectable jumpers, M1-ATX becomes a traditional PC PSU with no ignition control and it can be used in non-vehicle applications.

Even if your computer is totally OFF, a PC will still consume few hundered milliwatts, needed to monitor PC ON/OFF status. When the computer is in the suspend/sleep mode, it will consume even more power, because the RAM needs to be powered at all times. The power consumption in the suspend mode is few watts. No matter how big your car battery is, it will eventually drain your vehicle / car battery in a matter of days.

While in deep sleep mode, M1-ATX constantly monitors your car battery voltage levels, preventing deep discharge situations by automatically shutting down (using a shutdown controller) until battery levels reach safe levels again.

No more dead car batteries, no more computer resets during engine cranks, along with multiple timing schemes, small formfactor and very competitive price makes the M1-ATX the premier solution for dc-dc ATX vehicle / car power supply solutions.

M1-ATX comes equipped with ATX, HDD and Floppy cable harness, jumpers, faston connectors and 2 pin cables for motherboard ON/OFF switch. Just connect it to your 12V or 24V car / boat / RV battery and power up your PC.

I'm looking for around £30 delivered

2GB RAM to match above motherboard, DDR2 667MHz, Corsair memory - not cheap and nasty!

Looking for around £20 delivered

Liliput 7" VGA USB touchscreen with AV inputs

This one is tested and fully working, had it hooked up to my laptop a few months ago and then put it back inside it's bubble wrap and box.

These are around £150 from China new, I am looking for around £110 delivered.

I have got some other bits and pictures I will post up later when I get home. If there is any interest let me know!

Thanks.

[Edited on 11-05-2009 by pow]
pow
Premium Member

11th May 09 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bttt
paul.mitchell1984

12th May 09 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics of it all?

what would be needed to get this up and running ?
pow
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do some pictures tonight buddy

Need some time, a cast and some software, plus any addon's that you want (Wifi, TV Card) all cheap.
pow
Premium Member

13th May 09 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Screen, comes with ALL cables and a stand etc

Motherboard, comes with a P4 -> Molex power connector

12V PSU

]

RAM

Also got a 250GB SATA HDD, £30?

pow
Premium Member

13th May 09 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt with pics yooo
paul.mitchell1984

13th May 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il have to see if a guy buys my amp at end of month befor i can comit to anything, how much can the cases b picked up for ( i assume cast is case) and is it just normal windows it runs off?
pow
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many people build cases, there are a few comercially available ones.

Yeah will run on Windows, Linux anything that a normal x86 machine works with.

For ideas looks over at mp3car.com

[Edited on 14-05-2009 by pow]
Dan295

18th May 09 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Car PC Parts, Package or Parts separate... 24 database queries in 0.0105681 seconds