corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » producer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author producer
will_ainsworth

User status: Offline
12th May 09 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have tonight been handed a nice pink form. aparently i have no insurance :S guessing elephant havn't pulled their finger out? as it was my renewal on saturday so rang up friday and sorted a monthly arrangement. hopefully should receive my papers tmo as they said it would take 3-5 days for them... only issue is i cant for the life of me find my mot cert, i had it literally 3 weeks ago for my tax. but as the house is being boxed up ready to move i cant find it what should i do, can i take my tax disk in or can they check it etc....
paul.mitchell1984

12th May 09 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they should be able to check with dvla, ring the police station in the morn to dbl check
will_ainsworth

12th May 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well just went down, handed over my licence, she woudnt ring insurance to check if im insured cus apparently it could be anyone on the phone :S so i have to wait for cert to be sent out but i am deffinately covered, however i still cant for the shit of me find my mot cert, and i gave her details of when it was done etc, and said she cant check it atall, either i need the cert or i have to go to get another one printed out by the place i had it done ( i dont know where as i didnt do it) if that isnt possilbe, i will be reported for driving with no mot, meaning it will be crushed. ffs why cant they simply check. i checked myself via vosa site and it came up that i have mot etc also listed the number of the company that done it so gave them a ring and there quite far away (last owner had it mot'd) so they will be able to print out a duplicate and send it for a small fee pain in the ass
aim1

12th May 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get an mot printed for a small ish fee at any mot station I believe.
mark_gsi

12th May 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea any place will print you a mot cert. mine was free
Kano

12th May 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, the new mots mean that any station can print you a duplicate. Usually a tenner..
Cosmo

12th May 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also dont believe for a minute they can take a car and crush it just because you dont have the bit of paper proving it has an MOT (given the police could easily check it).
Ben G

12th May 09 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought they could seize the car if you have no insurance these days?

thats what they say on traffic cops/road wars anyway
gtitim

12th May 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For no insurance - car can be seized.

For no MOT - if you dont produce it, you can be reported for no MOT and failing to produce. Car cannot be crushed for no MOT.
jacko198

12th May 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get ure mot info off the interweb, cant remember where, but you definatly can
jacko198

12th May 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/
There you go sir, dunno if that helps
taylorboosh

12th May 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah get 1 printed anywhere? and get insurance to email or fax cover note to said station?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » producer 22 database queries in 0.0132360 seconds