corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Replacement XE lifters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacement XE lifters
Will94

User status: Offline
12th May 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In bad need of a new set of lifters... had enough of these sounding like a bag of nails every morning

I've seen some on ebay for around 60 quid, has any1 had any experience of these?

Does seem rather cheap, under 4 per lifter dont wanna get em if they're crap and dont last
Luke

12th May 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read that the ebay ones & chris astley ones tap just as bad even though there new!

GM ones are £344 last time i checked & autovaux are £140ish i think.

I asked autovaux if they will tap & they couldn't guarantee me that they wouldn't tap.
Terry12

13th May 09 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget those ebay crap ones. They won't last 6 months before tapping.
I'm replacing mine now, Vauxhall want £22+VAT per lifter which is £404.80 all in.
Autovaux is where i'm getting mine from, They're made by INA which I believe is same make as GM and the set is £138 iirc. Should hopefully have my new lifters today or tomorrow
Will94

13th May 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok peepz, thanks for the info

I'll get some from autovaux

Dont spose either of ya have the link? lol
Terry12

13th May 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.autovaux.co.uk/
Ste
Premium Member

13th May 09 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard that if you take your tapping ones out and clean them in brake cleaner, then rebuild them with new oil, they stop tapping. Not done it myself, or even vouching for the authenticity of my statement, but it's worth a try.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
alan-g-w

14th May 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
I heard that if you take your tapping ones out and clean them in brake cleaner, then rebuild them with new oil, they stop tapping. Not done it myself, or even vouching for the authenticity of my statement, but it's worth a try.

I'll vouch for you, mine used to tap every time I started until it came up to temperature. When I whipped the head off to replace the 16 bent valves and all their guides I took the lifters into work and cleaned it in a degreaser basin. Cleaned the bare head with some strong degreaser, steam cleaned it, more degreaser then another steam clean. Since I put it all back together it's quiet even on a cold morning.

And that was with me collapsing-in about 5-10mm of the far bottom right lifter bore by mistake when I was trying to chisel a fucked head bolt out

Fun times.

[Edited on 14-05-2009 by alan-g-w]

New Poll