corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Japfest - Castle Combe - 16/05/09

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Japfest - Castle Combe - 16/05/09
Doug

User status: Offline
16th May 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this was my first crack at motorsport as I have only just got a lens with any zoom on it! I have had a very fleeting go at motorsport with the kit lens but this has been my first attempt at it whole heartedly.

I took about 200 photos but I was struggling to find ones that were well framed and most of all were not blurry!

I'm pretty sure that my panning skills and post processing leave ALOT to be desired for. These are my downfalls atm!

Any advice and C+C are actively encouraged!

Do drift pictures look better when they are cropped fully into the car?

Regards
AndyKent

16th May 09 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I like to crop in closer where I can, although you don't want to go too close.

For instance, I would probably chop out a lot of the foreground which is a bit of a waste of space. Instead get the car towards the bottom of the shot, with the decent sized crowd filling more of the screen.

Otherwise, good effort for your first go! Those pans look good.

Another small tip, is to take more shots. If you only took 200 all day you weren't taking enough. Remember that certainly as you start out, a lot of shots won't be up to standard so the more you take the more you have to choose from.

For instance, for the WR session at Combe I took 400 in the main 20 minute session alone. Considering that there were 20 odd drivers, you want a good amount of everyone, so the more you take, the more you can keep.
Butler

16th May 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What lens was that? Did you get enough range with your 200mm?
Doug

16th May 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sigma 70-200 F2.8

Was adequate for combe tbh Even at 70mm you were too close on some sections
flybikeslee

18th May 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres mine

thats on a 18-70 lens

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Japfest - Castle Combe - 16/05/09 23 database queries in 0.0122008 seconds