corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exactly what is required for the C20XE conversion?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exactly what is required for the C20XE conversion?
SR91

User status: Offline
16th May 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay so i need a list of exact parts that I need to put together, I've done some research etc but need a few things clearing up, if someone cleverly works out I'm only 17 please note this isn't a conversion I'm doing now, I'm looking to get the parts over time then do it when i can afford the insurance

So start with the basics:
ANY C20XE/20XE engine
Obvs Manifold/exhaust
F20 gear box, are these electric? (Makes it plug and play then for the speedo)
Big brakes, if i just get these off a 2.0 veccy will they bolt on?
Coilovers
GSi drive shafts?
What engine mounts will I need, I've got a X12XE with Epas & No A/c ATM

Anything else I will need?

Thanks in advance for any input
sxi-kid

16th May 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would also like to no this please ?
Limecat
Banned

16th May 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you the guy that signed upto www.bttos.com the other day?

It really is a generic straight forward swap, just get a C20XE and the type 2 mount kit and throw it all in. There is no need to change the inlet/exhaust manifolds but an aftermarket exhaust manifold is a bonus, albeit an unnecessary expense. You will need to bin the SFi box from the top of the TB and fit an adaptor plate to take an Ecotec pipe unless you want to start bastardising the bulkhead.

ATE calipers, discs and pads will be upto the job, these will be fitted to the car you get the donor engine from - ie. Cav GSI/Calibarge/Astra GTE/GSI.

GSI shafts with Mk2 Cav 1.6 inner CV's (careful which ones you buy - there are 2 different sorts!)

The commonly overlooked things which soon add up are things like cambelts, tensioners, engine/gearbox oil, filter etc.

It is also worth investing in a decent hose kit that is designed for the job. Oh, and you will need a modified gear linkage depending on what kit you use.
SR91

16th May 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep i am and thank you

New Poll