corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Would you stay with someone that wasn't perfect?

Poll: Would you stay with someone that wasn't perfect?
  Yes
  No

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you stay with someone that wasn't perfect?
kz

User status: Offline
18th May 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just thinking about this today...

It's been over three months now since me and the girlfriend broke up, but I still think about the bitch everyday! Thing is, when I really think about things, I guess she wasn't perfect for me. I suppose she just worked this out before me!

But I did love her sooo much, and tbh, I would of stayed with her (probably) forever, unless something major happened like she cheated on me... I dunno I think some people just aim for 100% perfection where as other people are just glad with what they have as long as they're still happy I was only in love once before her, and where as I do actually think the other girl was 'more' perfect for me, we still broke up lol, so what really is perfection?

Anyway random question but fire, be interesting to hear from both guys and girls...
mattk

18th May 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is anyone perfect?
radicalry00

18th May 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that, ultimately, the answer to your question is that nobody is perfect and there is always going to be some compromise in any relationship.

You've just got to decide what your threshold of compromise is and make things work with someone you like.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
is anyone perfect? except IvIark

thanks matt
bubble

18th May 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i finished someone nearly 3 years ago, who was perfect. i finished her cuz i had a big ego and thought she didnt deserve me.

i put her through hell after when she tried patch us up.

ever since, nobody has compared with her at all.

Sunz

18th May 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriend isen't perfect but in some way I like her for this reason and I love her and I don't think anything can change that.
She is very shy and can really be harsh on herself sometimes, I hate this about myself and so on but I think that's pretty normal for the females

But I just think I don't really care, I want to be with her and will love her no matter what.

[Edited on 18-05-2009 by Jesus]

[Edited on 18-05-2009 by Sunz]
Russ

18th May 09 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
is anyone perfect?
kz

18th May 09 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by radicalry00
there is always going to be some compromise in any relationship.

Nail on the head there mate! Kept telling the ex this... she didn't agree

Well it's cool to hear people think the same as me. I mean, we had out differences, but I was willing to change anything for her... but only if she was willing to make sacrifices for the relationship to work to... she wasn't. But that's one of the things I can look back on now and think... that just weren't right!
Cosmo

18th May 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im perfect.

True story.
nathy_87

19th May 09 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is perfect tbh?
Sam
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You only keep thinking about her because you are now single and miss some stuff about her. Once you get in a new relationship with someone else you will gradually stop thinking about her, trust me!
eddiewhiteley

19th May 09 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo
What is perfect tbh?

a good night out on the lash on 27th may and united winning the european cup.
l15ter

19th May 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

needs picture
Andy Stocker

19th May 09 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They say nobody is perfect. Im a nobody, therefore i'm perfect
stubbsy05

19th May 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody is perfect.

What your not telling us is the reason you split up? If she has treated you like shit and split up so she could have some fun etc, then you should not be a mug and be walked over.

I think if you get on with someone, and everyting is great then just go with it. Compromise is needed sometimes.

Sometimes the fittest women of the bunch can turn out to be the most boring and crap in the sack!

I'm one for very much doing what makes me happy and live for the day. Don't sit there and think if I have a future with someone etc. Things change everyday, and these things are stuff you never see coming!

[Edited on 19-05-2009 by stubbsy05]
Jakey
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy05
Nobody is perfect.

Nobody is perfect, im a nobody, therefore i am perfect.
l15ter

19th May 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey
quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy05
Nobody is perfect.

Nobody is perfect, im a nobody, therefore i am perfect.

Andy Stocker has already done that
PhilC

19th May 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody is perfect, but there is nothing wrong with looking for the perfect fit in a relationship.

jibjob

19th May 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO i dont think you ever find a "perfect" person.... you find someone that makes you happy and a perfect relationship.

comprimise is the biggest part of any relationship thats why most dont work. the rules must be the same for both people. none of this "i can do it but you cant" stuff!
Neo

19th May 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about...defining perfect as the person who in your eyes and your eyes only is perfect. I think i am very lucky, i feel my gf is pretty much perfect. Gives me the space i need yet shows she needs me back, beautiful and very sexy, fun in the bedroom, enjoys the same stuff etc. However like all girls she gets moody and does things i dont like.

The good massively outweighs the bad though, and i think that is how you have to look at it.
Colin

19th May 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do

No but seriously if you think your going to find someone perfect & settle down with them good luck to you, you'll be looking for a while!!
myke

19th May 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's a difference between someone being perfect and 2 people being perfectly matched or perfect for each other.

it's peoples imperfections that define them, and certain imperfections can actually be that persons most attractive qualities.
my girlfriend is a clumsy wotsit, but i love her more for it because it's part of who she is. I definately wouldn't try and change that.
kz

19th May 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm not saying someone can be 'perfect' as such... every girl I've ever met that meant something always ended up in arguements

We even sat down to talk about what we thought we could both improve on... she didn't like that apparently I never had time for her, didn't hang out with her mates all the time, and didn't ring her every day I didn't see her sounds like she wanted more of me but then just dumped me over text after 18 months! biiitch.

Me personally didn't like her smoking, the fact she wanted to cover her body in tattoos... and ultimately wanted more fun in the bedroom lol, she was very un-willing

See loads of issues just off the top of my head but my look on relationships is that if I love someone, I'll fight to make it work, but I guess there's only so much one relationship can take!
Eck
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no such thing as perfect. If you were absolutely perfect for each other and never argued, you'd eventually get bored. It's the differences that actually keep things interesting!
Butler

20th May 09 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent answered the question. I think perfection cant be defined in a person it is only relative to how much you really want to be with someone. If you feel you want to be then do it, if you have doubts then walk away.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Would you stay with someone that wasn't perfect? 22 database queries in 0.0135350 seconds