corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fat

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fat
kz

User status: Offline
22nd May 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only weigh 10st but over the last few months of going through a break up and becoming a recluse, I've given myself a tubster stomach

I don't do much exercise, sit in front of a computer all day at work and at home! I try and do quarter of an hour weights and sit ups before work every day but I suffer from a very bad back which often lets me down play tennis every now and then, but not enough...

POINT OF THREAD: Hopefully I'm going on a lads holiday in a couple of months so wanna get a bit more into shape. From next week I plan to cycle to work and back each day which will see me doing about 30 miles a week... is this actually good exercise for burning off some calories?

Can I do it in two months
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd May 09 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30 miles cycling a week is better than nothing. Get down the gym at the weekends

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Gareth F

22nd May 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

throw your computer chairs away, standing is great for burning cals as you use so many muscles doing it! every little helps.
Jay

22nd May 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before I started doing back excersises in the gym I couldnt do a single sit up because of sever lower back pains, I have a driving/delivery job and sitting down most of the day and lifting heavy wieghts doesnt help at all, get yourself one of those excersise balls and a small weight, about 5kg and do like sit ups but the opposite way round, as in lie on your tummy, and raise your back holding the weight by your chest, do about 15 - 20 depending on how much you can do, and do 4-5 sets, I do this twice a week and my back is so much better and I have a better posture and stand alot taller.
Craig P

22nd May 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also suffer from sevear Back Pain due to a really bad car accident,And with me being a Mechanic and in the bonnet of a car all day lifting heavy things really doesnt help.

Think i may try your tactic JayM!
l15ter

22nd May 09 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10st how tall are you?

i do 40 mins with the weights, rowing for 5 mins, then 50 sit ups, then afterwards go for a 5 mile run, i do this daily.

at the end of the day it depends what you want from the outcome of it?
Jay

22nd May 09 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Craig P

I swear by it, I've been the doctors over it and everything and they couldnt do anything just told me to try and get more excersise, didnt have a clue what to do asked my mate whos a personal trainer and he told me to try that - without a wieght at first - and I cant believe how well its worked...
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

22nd May 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do 2 hours of gym a night, rowing , bike weights etc i weighed 9st 4 3 weeks ago i now way 10st 2 from eating and the gym it makes a big difference
kz

22nd May 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool Markus but I don't want to gain weight

l15ter I'm 5ft 10".

tbh my interests are cycling, tennis and golf. I have a problem with mates never wanting to do anything... I was member of a tennis club for years when I was younger, like ten years ago. I'd like to join again but what do you do, just go down there and play random people!?

As for golf I guess you can just go down the driving range alone, I'm not very good... wouldn't feel confident going round the course on my jack, would be holding people up! Plus can you rent clubs? Used to borrow my brothers but think he sold his...
Jay

22nd May 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
I have a problem with mates never wanting to do anything...

Most of my mates are the same, winds me up, just sit in with their birds all the time.
Cosmo

22nd May 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This belongs in Sports Day.
kz

23rd May 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never been there.
Carl

23rd May 09 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you start training don't be alarmed if you start to gain weight. Use a mirror as a guide rather than weighing yourself.
drunkenfool

23rd May 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive lost 20lbs in about 7 weeks, so yes it can be done.
BluKoo

23rd May 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool

Generally they say if you're losing more than 2lbs per week, you're losing muscle too. Unless you were above 250 lbs before, i'd say 2.8 lbs per week is a little too much. I'd try and slow the weight loss down just a little bit to make sure you're preserving as much muscle mass as possible.

I'm on a cut, and i've lost 8.6 lbs in 4 weeks (2.1 lbs per week). I'm quite confident that i've not lost and muscle though as my lifts are still increasing.
Craig P

23rd May 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
quote:
Originally posted by Craig P

I swear by it, I've been the doctors over it and everything and they couldnt do anything just told me to try and get more excersise, didnt have a clue what to do asked my mate whos a personal trainer and he told me to try that - without a wieght at first - and I cant believe how well its worked...

Yeah ive also been to the Doctors and they just gave me some Pills.Yes they help alot but have some serious downside's and there only a fix it doesnrt get right down to the problem.

kz

23rd May 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool

Generally they say if you're losing more than 2lbs per week, you're losing muscle too. Unless you were above 250 lbs before, i'd say 2.8 lbs per week is a little too much. I'd try and slow the weight loss down just a little bit to make sure you're preserving as much muscle mass as possible.

That's alright, I have no muscle to loose anyway

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fat 23 database queries in 0.0247791 seconds