corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay day: how quick do you despatch sold items?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ebay day: how quick do you despatch sold items?
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   26th May 09 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Question to those who sell items on ebay/forums etc

After payment received, how long it takes you to send the stuff??

I sold few bits and bobs and sent them straight away through post office... courier takes a bit longer as they have to come and pick up the stuff..

What bothers me is that few times now i bought stuff from korea/china/japan and at the same time bought something from UK, and UK stuff arrives few days later than china/korea/japan stuff...
DannyB
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I send it out the next day, providing the payment is in my paypal.
Jay

26th May 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I can be arsed
johnhara1

26th May 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally send stuff through DHL couriers as they collect from my work.

I list pretty much all my items to end at night around 9pm so say i sold something on Monday, id have it packed and labelled up Tuesday.

DHL would collect on Wednesday and it would be delivered Thursday.

John

26th May 09 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the postage, a lot of sellers use the cheapest royal mail have to offer.

Regarding things finishing at 9 on a monday, i'd expect that to be posted tuesday and delivered wednesday, unless specified otherwise of course.
daymoon
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a facia adapter on wednesday, still havent received it! not gonna come today for sure as already had mail delivered.
John

26th May 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does the postage info on ebay say?
ssj_kakarot

26th May 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually try the next day, if im buying something i usually wait about 7 working days before i email the seller, its unreasonable to expect every one to be able to post next day with work ect, it is nice when they do though
a_j_mair

26th May 09 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this weekend was a bank holiday

depends how much you are paying aswell

if its free postage id excpect it to take a little longer
daymoon
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Postage: £2.00
Royal Mail 1st Class Standard
Service to United Kingdom

This service delivers within 1 - 2 days after seller dispatches the item.

Paid on 20-May-09 via PayPal

Postage shouldn't be more than 50p on it aswell, but every one earns on postage!

[Edited on 26-05-2009 by daymoon]
John

26th May 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd expect that to come within a couple of days unless they said something about dispatching late.
a_j_mair

26th May 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had our first post today since thursday or friday i think so maybe were a little slow getting to post office and will get it today or tomorrow ?

does seem a while mind
daymoon
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i had post on friday/Saturday/today...
Danny P

26th May 09 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on busy I am but usually within 2 days of selling the item. If i'm selling multiple stuff though I usually wait until everyone has paid as then I only have 1 trip to make.

Always let folk know whats happening though. I think as long as you get it withing 7 days then thats resonable enough.
Toby
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i try my best to send it next day, i package it up alreayd before hand so it only needs to go in the post. I dont like how ebay are limitng postage charges though i mean i had a book fro sale and the most postage it would ket me charge was £2.70 so i bought a jiffy for 70p that leaves me with two quid for 1st class postage. it then cost me 2.80 to send it first class up to inverness, i was fuming and wrote to ebay complaining, i had no sellares fees for a month
daymoon
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay became really gay in the last few years for proper auctions..

BIN items from powersellers are quite cheap though, and still beat most of other online places.

Buying outside the autcion is the way forward
BlueCorsa

26th May 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Depends on busy I am but usually within 2 days of selling the item. If i'm selling multiple stuff though I usually wait until everyone has paid as then I only have 1 trip to make.

+1. Hardly have time to get to PO unless I have day off or go at weekends.
ed

26th May 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing Royal Mail they'll have probably nicked it if it's anything of remote value.
danward

26th May 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally post within one or two days, it annoys the hell out of me when you have to wait for your purchased items to arrive.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay day: how quick do you despatch sold items? 22 database queries in 0.0121238 seconds