corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Card Fraud

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Card Fraud
corsa - gus

User status: Offline
27th May 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been told I am the victim of card fraud The bank called this morning to ask me if I had signed up to any tele-marketing schemes in the US. RMZ Techtronics have been taking money from my account for quite a few months now, and I haven't picked up on it.

Moral of the stroy is read your bank statements

Has anyone else been a victim of this? If so how long did it take to have your money recovered? The bank said they couldn't put a time scale on things, and I have had to cancel my cards, so no fun for me for at least a week
Matt L

27th May 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think mine was a case of this but i had a direct debit coming out of an account i only use when im away (so rarely check it but its more noticable if something goes out). basically they took 2 months of 6.99 out so not much but rang up cancelled it and the money was back in my account 2/3 days later.
corsa - gus

27th May 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet, hopefully it won't take too long then! The amounts that have come from my account vary from £20-30 and are converted into US Dollars, which means I get a service charge of £1.50 everytime aswell
C2RL R

27th May 09 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my paypal account hacked a few months back and had 828 stolen from my bank account.
eddiewhiteley

27th May 09 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a few backs ago i had £113 taken out of my account, the payment was made to some gsambling site based in cyprus, i got a phone call off alliance and leicesters fraud department straight away and they cancelled my cards, pain in the arse but what can you do?
Ben G

27th May 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 100 quid taken from my account before, spent on phone top up's ?? weird

they phoned straight up, cancelled my card and got the money back in a couple of weeks.

i always check my bank account near enough every day online, it's just so easy to do and saves the hassle if anythingdid happen.
P1CK4D

27th May 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never pay for anything by card. I always withdrawal money from a cashpoint that I know I can trust as im so paranoid of this happening to me..
John

27th May 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay for everything by card, i'll get any fraudulent transactions back from my credit card, you won't if you've paid cash.
sand-eel

27th May 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
Sweet, hopefully it won't take too long then! The amounts that have come from my account vary from £20-30 and are converted into US Dollars, which means I get a service charge of £1.50 everytime aswell

This is EXACTLY what happened to me, tele-marketing as well from the US....fuckers
corsa120

27th May 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lost my wallet last week 20th may and they took 300quid out of debit account and used it at some food shop for £33.27........

if anybody can tell me how they got my debit Pin number ill give them last months work bonus payment of 438 pounds we got

they also tryed to use my credit cards but the pins failed on both so either they are foooookin lucky or they tracked/targeted me whatever....

id rip there fuckin head off if i found out who it was

why cant people just hand it in, great country we live in no sorry world

[Edited on 27-05-2009 by corsa120]

[Edited on 27-05-2009 by corsa120]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Card Fraud 22 database queries in 0.0097680 seconds