corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Strange problem with my van

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange problem with my van
nik

User status: Offline
28th May 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Transit Connect - Over the last few days it hasn't been starting, no ticking over or anything for about 90% of the time. The other 10% it either starts and then conks out, or starts and runs fine with no issues at all.

When it doesn't start the mileage reading turns to dashes Now over the last few months my Dad has been locking it at night, only for me to open it in the morning and in fact locking it - I was thinking he hadn't been locking it but he assures me he does.

Could this be an alarm/immob issue? I.e the immob is arming/disarming? It has been to Ford on their diagnostics machine and they couldn't find anything wrong after looking at it for fours hours. Help please!
CorsAsh

28th May 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad earth maybe, check your connections.
Richardhhha

28th May 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

under the bonnet there should be a little bonnet pressure switch.

turn the ignition on and push that 10 times till you here the car beep at you (horn will beep)
then go around the car opening and closing the doors boot and bonnet they should all beep. if one doesnt then thats your dodgy area

if they all beep and i think they will.. you'll be loking at a earth thats gone wrong try the ones on the gearbox and then see if you can see any rusty earths on the bulkhead
nik

28th May 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers will have a look around it tomorrow.
nik

29th May 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't get the van to beep, tried that trick! Still dead as a do do no sign of it starting

New Poll