corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Waxes and Car Colours

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Waxes and Car Colours
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
29th May 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now forgive me for being a skeptic but I was reading a certain thread that involved the sale of some rather pricey detailing products, it mentions several kids of wax each for 'different colours' of car..

Last time I checked all modern factory finishes are clear coated so what would the colour matter you are merely 'waxing' the clear coat all of the pigment is under neath.

Maybe I'm missing something here? or is it I've merely missed the 'band wagon' as they say?
S@M

29th May 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fills in the small stone chips with the correct colour at a guess?

if you've ever noticed that they are filled with the normal white wax afterwards, they stand out a mile....

simlar thing already out there is that t-cut colour stuff

[Edited on 29-05-2009 by S@M]
Rich H

29th May 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it this is referring to me?!

The waxes are all based around the same carnauba recipe but have different oils in the blends to help enhance the colour type (ie. warm, light and dark). For example, the Purple Haze designed for dark colours has montan wax also in the blend which is used in boot polish and helps to give a really deep glossy finish to dark paints.

It has nothing to do with filling stone chips - thats what touch up paint is for. The Dodo range of waxes also only dries white if applied too thickly.

HTH

[Edited on 29-05-2009 by Rich H]
DaveyLC

29th May 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not refering to you as a person but more to the interesting wares that you are peddling.

You are waxing a clear finish not the paint.. Surely if the colour actually did anything (other than help with marketing) it would simply leave smears.

My local bodyshop supplies firm must be really behind the times because they dont seem to feel its necessary to stock waxes for different colour paints.

I'd be interested to see the both the 'wrong' and 'right' waxes used plus a professional bodyshop supplies wax so I can observe the difference?

Fancy spending 5 minutes at PVS to show me the benefits of a £30+ bottle of colour matched wax?
John

29th May 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not colour matched, different waxes just give different finishes which make the colours show up better.
DaveyLC

29th May 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's not colour matched, different waxes just give different finishes which make the colours show up better.

I'm very interested to see this!
Rich H

29th May 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you buy the wax first, yeh no worries

As I say the difference is down to the oils used which help to enhance the colour of the paint - regardless of the fact that is has a clearcoat on it.

Here is Dodo's official blurb on each wax for you:

SOFT WAXES

Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub

‘’Dodo Green” – the original Dodo Juice soft wax

A high carnauba car wax without the high price, Dodo Green gives you the depth, warmth and durability of more expensive brands for under 30 GBP a pot. Soft enough to apply by hand, Rainforest Rub contains candelilla wax and beeswax and smells of fresh watermelon.

Key ingredients: Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax

Dodo Juice Light Fantastic

“Dodo Light” – a colour-charged soft wax for light coloured cars

With no added colour, white beeswax and coconut oil, Dodo Light may be a pale wax, but it’s a strong performer. Easy to apply, by hand or foam applicator pad, it cures quickly and buffs off cleanly to leave behind a clear carnauba wax layer ready to impress you with its shine and beading.

Key ingredients: Carnauba Wax, White Beeswax, Coconut Oil

Dodo Juice Orange Crush

“Dodo Orange” – a colour-charged soft wax for warm coloured cars

Orange oil suits a car wax perfectly, being a natural cleanser and one of the nicest smelling oils on the planet. Blended with carnauba and yellow beeswax, it helps to create Orange Crush, a soft wax that breathes even more warmth into yellow, orange and red coloured cars.

Key ingredients: Carnauba Wax, Yellow Beeswax, Orange Oil

Dodo Juice Purple Haze

“Dodo Purple” – a colour-charged soft wax for dark coloured cars

As smooth as silk, Purple Haze has a voluptuous texture and gives outstanding results on darker coloured cars thanks to the addition of black montan wax. One of the most sophisticated Dodo Juice waxes, with a fragrance of fresh lavender.

Key ingredients: Carnauba Wax, Montan Wax

HARD WAXES

Dodo Juice Hard Candy

‘’Dodo Pink” – the generic Dodo Juice hard wax

A generic ‘entry’ wax, like Rainforest Rub, Hard Candy contains candelilla wax as well as carnauba – but it’s hard in texture instead of soft. This means it applies more consistently and sparingly, making it impossible to over-apply. The result is perfect curing, time after time – a factor that helps boost durability.

Key ingredients: Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax

Dodo Juice Diamond White

“Dodo White” – a colour-charged hard wax for light coloured cars

All the durability you want from a Dodo hard wax, but with the purity you need for light finishes. Made with coconut oil, almond oil, white beeswax and micronised white carnauba. Perfect for white, silver and other light coloured cars.

Key ingredients: Carnauba Wax, White Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil

Dodo Juice Banana Armour

“Dodo Yellow” – a colour-charged hard wax, for warm coloured cars

To be applied by foam applicator pad only, Banana Armour is a high carnauba wax that spreads thinly before setting like stone. Extremely impressive results, whether in terms of shine, beading or durability – and perfect for layering. With yellow beeswax and banana oil.

Key ingredients: Carnauba Wax, Yellow Beeswax, Banana Oil

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet

“Dodo Blue” – a colour-charged hard wax for dark coloured cars

Given the success of Purple Haze, the soft wax for dark coloured cars, and Banana Armour, the first hard wax launched by Dodo Juice, it was only natural that a hard wax for dark coloured cars would follow. This is the result – a deep blue hard wax that gives an even deeper shine: Blue Velvet.

Key ingredients: Carnauba Wax, Montan Wax, Jojoba Oil

I have no further answer than that other than I have used each of their waxes and the difference can be seen - each wax is still perfectly good on any colour other than the one it was designed for, but as previously stated, the oils help to colour charge certain finishes.

DaveyLC

29th May 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H

And if there is no noticable difference you'll give me my money back yes?
Rich H

29th May 09 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

And if there is no noticable difference you'll give me my money back yes?

No because I'm a reseller using Dodo's official "marketing" - I have no obligation to refund the money to you. You could take that up with Dodo Juice themselves if you feel that you are being conned though.

If you're not convinced by the colour charged principal I'd advise purchasing a generic wax - either Rainforest Rub, Hard Candy or Supernatural.
DaveyLC

29th May 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sadly accroding to the Sale of goods act 1979 the contract will be with the vendor (yourself).
DannyB
Premium Member

29th May 09 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell why the attitude Davey, all this over wax?
Nick-S

29th May 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I realy dont mean to offend anybody but i agree with dave here. I was thinking about this the other day. wax is wax and its going on to a clear top coat so i fail to see how a colour specific wax would make much diffrence.

Also once i cant realy tell any difference to my paint for useing realy cheep turtle wax wax i used last year or the quite abit more expencive autoglym hi def wax i use at the moment other than it may last longer...
DaveyLC

29th May 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Fucking hell why the attitude Davey, all this over wax?

Wheres the attitude? I'm asking a genuine question? I was hoping the official vendor would be happy to demonstrate the product that is being pushed on this forum?
DaveyLC

29th May 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...To be honest I dont see why its such a problem to demonstrate it for free, surely you must use this amazing product your self and thus have open bottles?
DannyB
Premium Member

29th May 09 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously there's an attitude or this thread could have been sorted by U2U maybe? you've asked a question, he's gave you the answer. Why would he open a bottle of wax to demonstrate to you, if you don't buy it then he has to pay for it. When you say 'pushed' you mean offered, as he is 'offering' a service the last time I looked.
DaveyLC

29th May 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why would he open a bottle of wax to demonstrate to you

Well I would hope he actually uses this product himself if its so good so there would be no need to open a new bottle.
DannyB
Premium Member

29th May 09 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he doesn't though, do what you'd have to do if you bought it from halfords...buy it, if you dont like the finish don't buy it again?

Would you buy a bottle of pop from the shop, drink a bi,t then decide you don't like the taste and go back for a refund?

no, It's the same principle.
Rich H

29th May 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Why would he open a bottle of wax to demonstrate to you

Well I would hope he actually uses this product himself if its so good so there would be no need to open a new bottle.

No there would be no need to open a tub, but I'm not bringing all my gear with me and have no need to. Dodo don't give me any form of funding toward the show or demonstrating their products so therefore I do not have the funds myself to start doing free trials etc.

You've had an attitude since the start of this thread and I have just given you answers. If you would like a further answer, why not speak to Dodo Juice themselves
Joe

29th May 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a ridiculous thread, Rich is only the seller, he doesn't make the stuff, he doesn't make people buy it. He offers alot of good, friendly, helpful advice to people on here. No-one has to buy into what he tells them.

I bought some Banana Armour off him as I have a yellow car, has it made a difference, I don't know but it certainly makes it look better than some Auto Glym stuff I used to use. Is this becuase its made for Yellow cars? Fuck knows, but I'm very happy with what Rich sold me.

If you don't want any Dave or don't want to buy into what Dodo Juice say then simply don't bother.
Cheese Man Chris

29th May 09 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats it say on the back of products from asda? You'll love me, or your money back??
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th May 09 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all to do with the ingredients used in the individual product. You can buy waxes which cost thousands. Would you put up the same argument that those products are just as good as your local bodyshop suppliers item?

Plus i'm struggling to see why do you feel the need to have a demonstration. There is pictures weekly on here of cars which have had the products used. You don't see Dodo advertised in Car Mags etc. It's mainly customer reviews that gets them sales.

There will be plenty cars on the stand that have the wax applied if you fancy a gander - Including mine.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Nick-S

29th May 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see were dave is comeing from though as what ever you use it gose on to the clear coat. They do seem to smell very nice though.
RCoughtrie

29th May 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this has to be a wind up
Rich H

29th May 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cheese Man Chris
Whats it say on the back of products from asda? You'll love me, or your money back??

WTF has Asda got to do with it?! They source and put their label on products, I simply offer a resale of products that a lot of people are interested in purchasing.

I don't force anybody to buy anything, and everybody who has purchased from me has been extremely impressed with the results and happy with the way they perform, how easy they are to use etc etc etc.

The amount of advice I offer on here is unreal (I empty my u2u inbox every week atm) and everybody is happy with the advice I give

And Davey - You can bring out your sales of good act, but I could also refuse to sell to you - I certainly wouldn't be mis-selling anything to you so not sure you'd have a leg to stand on as the wax is perfectly fine to use on paintwork as stated.

Nick - Yes the products go on the clearcoat but you can still affect the finish depending on what product you apply to it. I don't know the science behind it, but I know what works!
Jonny P

29th May 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheese Man Chris

WTF has Asda got to do with it?! They source and put their label on products, I simply offer a resale of products that a lot of people are interested in purchasing.

I don't force anybody to buy anything, and everybody who has purchased from me has been extremely impressed with the results and happy with the way they perform, how easy they are to use etc etc etc.

The amount of advice I offer on here is unreal (I empty my u2u inbox every week atm) and everybody is happy with the advice I give

And Davey - You can bring out your sales of good act, but I could also refuse to sell to you - I certainly wouldn't be mis-selling anything to you so not sure you'd have a leg to stand on as the wax is perfectly fine to use on paintwork as stated.

Nick - Yes the products go on the clearcoat but you can still affect the finish depending on what product you apply to it. I don't know the science behind it, but I know what works!

More than happy i would say rich! at the end of the day, if you dont like the idea, dont buy it, simple as!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Waxes and Car Colours 23 database queries in 0.3089981 seconds