corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » nationwide are now to charge you aborad...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nationwide are now to charge you aborad...
Matt L

User status: Offline
30th May 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grrr it was the only reason i had an account with them was because they didnt charge anything when abroad.

will be charging 1% on each transaction so isnt too much but still being charged just thought id warn people as i hadnt been sent anything about it but my aunt mentioned it as she had, so just checked online and they are starting to charge as of 1 June 2009.
Carl

30th May 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here pal only reason i'm with them.
oceansoul

30th May 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i too am also only with them because of it. Time to close account then...
Carl

30th May 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
i too am also only with them because of it. Time to close account then...

I wouldn't be hasty as it may still be the best to use abroad. IIRC only other way at the time to get money abroad free was from an HSBC account but you had to pay a yearly fee. Although might be different now.
Matt L

30th May 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh nationwide still appear to be the best as its only the visa charge that you are hit with they still dont add their own commission ontop which most other backs do.
bigboykarl

31st May 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not 100% sure but the 1% charge i think is for non european withdrawals....take cash myself most of the time....went to ibiza 9th may whilst over here most places offered 1.06 got 1.10 over there good old sirenis shops
Colin

31st May 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Expect all banks will start charging to use their services from here on in. As they cant offer cheap mortgages & loans any more they need to draw in money from somewhere!!

Years ago you used to have a charge for just having a current account.
BlueCorsa

31st May 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard about this but cannot recall having any notice from Nationwide. Apparantly the Post Office credit card is still good for using abroad.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » nationwide are now to charge you aborad... 22 database queries in 0.0126631 seconds