corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 306 hdi with 180k 500quid? how reliable?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 306 hdi with 180k 500quid? how reliable?
Jas

User status: Offline
1st Jun 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lad selling a v plate, hdi 306 local. What are these engines like? For my sis 1st car
just a bit curious as it would be a good buy for her.. but coming up to 180k.. 177 to be precise..

[Edited on 02-06-2009 by Jas]
Gareth T

1st Jun 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the diesel engines go on forever in the 306 a few people in the family have had them with one having over 250K on the clock, they go forever
Jas

2nd Jun 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, i'll go have a look at it today, find out when cambelt etc was last done, its cheap but I dont want it dying on her
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Jun 09 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're quite a nice spec aren't they?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
richc

2nd Jun 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a HDI its going to be a late 306. Not having seen it (ie unless its a got one side completley caved in) 500 quid sounds very reasonable!
Rich7585

2nd Jun 09 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these things have the bonus of being dirt cheap but going on forever! mine was an older model and the engine died on me, only to find out later it was a dud battery! that was after 157k!

they are great cruisers, awesomely fuel efficient, comfy spacious, mine was a 5 door and you could almost get my whole house in it.

negatives/things to look out for, electrical problems, usually numerous and a pig to correct! rattly trim, again ok if you can turn the cd player up to over shaddow them! leaky door seals, hopeless on most models and leaving you with a swimming pool in the footwells!

oh and the OEM cd players can be a biatch to remove!!!!

I loved my 306 though!
Ben-B

2nd Jun 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
They're quite a nice spec aren't they?

yea, think a few if not all, have half leather.
bubble

2nd Jun 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has now hit 170k on a v reg, hdi engine. lovely to drive, comfy as fook, i do 600-630 a tank. awesome.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 306 hdi with 180k 500quid? how reliable? 23 database queries in 0.0373991 seconds