corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » f28 gearlinkage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author f28 gearlinkage
c20kenny

User status: Offline
4th Jun 09 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will a f28 gearlinkage from a cavailer turbo fit on to a corsa with an f28 on. if so are there any mods that will need to be done for it to work.
DAZ1985

4th Jun 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it wont fit

You have to mod the corsa linkage, some people buthcher the cav linkage and use parts off it
c20kenny

4th Jun 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i have done that but i still carnt get reverse 1st 3rd 5th properley i have to push up hard and even then it still jumps out of gear and there is no clearance issues so iam buffaled as to wot wrong with it
DAZ1985

4th Jun 09 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep adjusting it back the 13mm off and get someone to move the gear stick back an inch. failing that your linkage will need more mods
gsiwannabe

4th Jun 09 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20kenny
ok i have done that but i still carnt get reverse 1st 3rd 5th properley i have to push up hard and even then it still jumps out of gear and there is no clearance issues so iam buffaled as to wot wrong with it

thats an easy thing to set up. u have to take the geargaiter off and ul see the white plastic bits have holes in them. u line them up and put a 4 mil alen key in it to lock it in place and undo the 13mil bolt on linkage. the put it in nutreual on gearbox and on side of gear selector housein u should have a plastic bung. pull that out and then get a 5 mil alen key and turn the linkage right and ul fell it lock in place then lay back underneath ur car unless u have a ramp. and do the 13 mil bolt back up and the pull both alen keys out u should have all 5 gears and revearse spot on.
c20kenny

4th Jun 09 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the problem i have done all that an it still wont work
DAZ1985

4th Jun 09 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then you linkage is like mine, you need two people one underneath one in the car. get someone to hold the gearstick while the other un does the 13mm

then move the gearknob forwards or backwards cant remember off the top of my head. the lock it back up and try it

trial and error style
P1CK4D

4th Jun 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAZ1985
Then you linkage is like mine, you need two people one underneath one in the car. get someone to hold the gearstick while the other un does the 13mm

then move the gearknob forwards or backwards cant remember off the top of my head. the lock it back up and try it

trial and error style

Done this so many times with Lee M
c20kenny

4th Jun 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok al give that a go
DAZ1985

4th Jun 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
quote:
Originally posted by DAZ1985

trial and error style

Done this so many times with Lee M

Works though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » f28 gearlinkage 22 database queries in 0.0083890 seconds