corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Building arm muscles

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Building arm muscles
Robbo

User status: Offline
5th Jun 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an avergae build and my body is mostly in proportion except for my arms which are very thin, is there anythign I can do simply at home with minimal effort to just bulk up in my arms a little to make them proportionate and a bit more muscly? Was thinking of just doing some small weights severla times a day like. What would be ideal? I'm about 6ft and average weight for that size I guess.
bigdan

5th Jun 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wank 5 times a day
thats what i do and i have arm like lou ferringo
Nath

5th Jun 09 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100 push up thread should help a bit.
A2H GO

5th Jun 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your arms won't grow unless you put the muscle fibres under enough strain that they become damaged, ie. Heavy weights. Your arms won't grow doing pressups or even 100 reps with light dumbells.

You need to put on 4lbs lean body mass overall to put 1 inch on your arms.
mwg

5th Jun 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started doing dumbells most nights at home about a month or so ago. Must of got a bit stronger as have gone up the weight by a couple of kgs. I myself can only see a little difference at the moment but I'm still building up to the heavy stuff at the moment.

Going to start doing that 100 pushups & sit ups too.
Laney

5th Jun 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
Your arms won't grow doing pressups

That can't be entirely true? Tricep dips might be a bit more fitting though!
Robbo

5th Jun 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only interested in doing small weights at home, will thse help? ideal starting weight etc?
Nath

5th Jun 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
Your arms won't grow doing pressups

That can't be entirely true? Tricep dips might be a bit more fitting though!
It's not true thats way. It will do a bit to help, but not as much as other exercises.
Marc

5th Jun 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
only interested in doing small weights at home, will thse help? ideal starting weight etc?

Small weights won't be much good for building muscle.

If you can easily lift them, which sounds likely then doing a lot of reps will tone you up (anyone that starts the toning debate can quite frankly fuck off! )

As said above you need to lift weights that you can only just manage to lift, put yourself under strain. The muscle will tear and grow back bigger and stronger. Thats how you get bigger muscles.
scoob
Premium Member

5th Jun 09 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lift big eat bigger
Robbo

5th Jun 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not too fussed about being too muscly just want to have arms that resemble those of a geeky nerd scientist and more match my natural build!"
Tom_Coe

5th Jun 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said heavy weight shocks the muscles into growth light weights wont, so step outside your comfort zone and lift what you find heavy
saj_123

6th Jun 09 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heavy weights less reps, and do the reps slowly so the fibres tear more and they grow back stronger and therefore look bigger.
DizzyRebel

8th Jun 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on your body composition, if your tall with long limbs (endomorph) you will struggle to get big arms as your muscles will be short and tendons long so any size you put on still wont fill in all the gaps.

as for building arms, join a gym and do a good full body programme but do arms twice a week ie:

alternated dumbell curls
barbell curls
hammer curls
single hand tricep extensions
bar pushdowns
overhead pulls
rope pushdowns

or if your lazy and dont want to join a gym, buy a chinning bar and do 5 sets of horizontal pulls, 5 sets of chins and 5 sets of tricep dips and try and put at least one extra rep on each exercise at the end of every week.
ljames555

8th Jun 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
depends on your body composition, if your tall with long limbs (endomorph) you will struggle to get big arms as your muscles will be short and tendons long so any size you put on still wont fill in all the gaps.

as for building arms, join a gym and do a good full body programme but do arms twice a week ie:

alternated dumbell curls
barbell curls
hammer curls
single hand tricep extensions
bar pushdowns
overhead pulls
rope pushdowns

or if your lazy and dont want to join a gym, buy a chinning bar and do 5 sets of horizontal pulls, 5 sets of chins and 5 sets of tricep dips and try and put at least one extra rep on each exercise at the end of every week.

Think its ECTOMORPH for tall long long limbs, an easy mistake.

I am a mix of mesomorph top half and ectomorph leg size ( even though I can squat a resonable weight of 140kg).

Triceps are 2/3rds of your arm so thats the main muscle to be training, bicep is a small muscle and very easy to overtrain and not get anything out of doing 20 sets a week ( which I see young roid lads doing )
Try heavy weights of 3 sets to 6-8 reps.
Its easy for people to say what to train but its what your own body reacts to.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Building arm muscles 23 database queries in 0.0120509 seconds