corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Couple of problems...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couple of problems...
TheMason66

User status: Offline
9th Jun 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, ive spent so much time trying to fix these few problems and getting nowhere.

1. I get vibrations running through the drivers door when i have stereo on. Makes a nasty sound when you are on the outside, like a bass drum, but tinny. Also makes the mirror vibrate. I know some other people have had the same prob, was just wondering how to get rid.

2. Squeaking from rear suspensuion when i go over bumps. Its all standard, passed MOT fine, but it sounds awful!

3. I can hear what i believe is the alternator whining when i get over 30mph, and it comes through the speakerss also. Is that a job of replacing it then? I have already done it once, but i got it out of scrappy.

4. Coolant leaks out of EGR valve. Replace, or just take off, clean and put back on?

Car is a 1.0, 12v.
Also, i get about 350miles to a tank. Is that good?

Any advice is appreciated
Ellis

9th Jun 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. just sounds like resonance to me, sound deadening could perhaps rid of it.

2. Not totally sure

3. coming through the speakers sounds like interference to me.

4. replace the gasket and it should not leak.

Fuel consumption sounds about right
moka

9th Jun 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel comsumption is about right for town driving, motorway driving i used to get 400+ miles from a full tank.

Was normally 10 litres of fuel = 100 miles so a litre is roughly 10miles.

[Edited on 09-06-2009 by moka]
qasimcorsamad

9th Jun 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh mate i get arnd 350 milles from a full tank and i got a 1.0 12v.
and i think im havning the same problem as you, the alternator one. but its not really when i exceed 30mph, its every time i have my foot on the accelerator. its really werid. it was quite loud a few days ago but when away and now its back but isnt as loud.

New Poll