corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any other sweaty badgers on here (Dr. Young may help)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any other sweaty badgers on here (Dr. Young may help)
mattk

User status: Offline
9th Jun 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always have sweaty pits and Im getting pissed off with it now, its got alot worse lately, doesnt matter if Im warm or cold or anything, been like this for as long as I can remember, used to be a nightmare at school with grey school shirts,

Ive tried every single type of anti P, roll on, sprays, stuff with aluminium in that new sure stuff thats like a cream and none of it stops it

must be summat wrong with me Im thinking of going the doctors, can only make an appointment at 8:30 tomorrow morning though so I thought Id have an ask
SR91

9th Jun 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doctors can sort it, its fair common something to do with your sweat glands
Tommy L

9th Jun 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driclor?
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jun 09 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if you go to the docs they have special roll-ons to combat this. Used to know someone who had to use it.
BluKoo

9th Jun 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In special cases they can organise for you to have botox injections in your pits to partially paralyse the sweat glands for about 4-6 months.

I saw it on embarassing bodies (ch.4).

[Edited on 09-06-2009 by BluKoo]
C2RL R

9th Jun 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard that you risk becoming more sweaty in other more obvious areas if you have that botox stuff in your pits. i'd rather have sweat patches in my pits that sweat pouring out my head/face. so long as you don't smell then i'd suggest you just try that roll on stuff that is meant to help.
mattk

9th Jun 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it doesnt smell, I dont sweat alot anywhere else used to notice at work people would have sweat running off the endo of their nose yet I was dry apart from me pits
BluKoo

9th Jun 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about taping incontinence pads to your pits then?
MatthewR

9th Jun 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some Dichlor on ya pits before you go bed, keep applying it for a few days- get some Deo Stick instead of spray-makes a massive difference
Hammer

9th Jun 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to remember you're sweating for a reason as well, if it doesn't smell i'd just let nature take its course.
MatthewR

9th Jun 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also find the more you think about it the more you sweat.
Also if you sweat its likely your not fit or overweight, try some excerciseand wear layers, sweat it out abit
Matt L

9th Jun 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv used driclor and some sure stuff, driclor is amazing but irritates after a few days of constant use. so now it swap between the to.

also if you fancy paying, botox injections stop sweating as it kills the glands (or something like that) last for about 6months at a time aswell. only problem is your body will eventually get used to it and it wont work.
Eck
Premium Member

9th Jun 09 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why on Earth you'd want to completely stop your body's way of cooling down I do not know
BluKoo

9th Jun 09 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't totally stop it. It just slows it down and reduces the amount you sweat. I think.
DaveyLC

9th Jun 09 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont drink.. I bet it stops lol
mattk

9th Jun 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
Also if you sweat its likely your not fit or overweight, try some excercise

I dont think its that, Il try find some of that driclor stuff then see if that helps
andy1868

9th Jun 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

matt is buff as owt, and you can quote me on that
MatthewR

9th Jun 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it stings abit though mate so dont bung aload on first night
John

9th Jun 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anhydrol forte is another one, you put it on at night before bed, not after a shower.
Bart

9th Jun 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to get a sweaty arse... and thats it.
But the trouble is now at work I find my seat to be slightly damp after a long day

I might try some driclor on my arse
J da Silva

9th Jun 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might be diabetic.
mattk

9th Jun 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
You might be diabetic.

Ive thought that for a few months

Piss alot, get light headed if I dont eat
Bram

9th Jun 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Anhydrol forte is another one, you put it on at night before bed, not after a shower.

I found that to be better than Dricolor but I think they're pretty much the same stuff.

Excessive sweating is heriditory and quite common, my old man suffered with it until his late 20's and i've been the same, mainly in my hands and feet. The medical condition is called 'hyperhidrosis' if you want to do a bit more reading up.

I started off with being prescribed anyhydrol forte and told to roll it on my hands and feet but it made naff all difference on them. Was awesome for my underarms though, as said above it really stings as it drys so don't lash it on first night. I found that after using it for a few months I had to apply it less and less regularly and now probably only use it once a month so I reckon my underarm nerves are completely dead

Made no difference to my hands and feet though so a couple of years ago I took the plunge and had surgery. The operation was called a thoroscopic-endosympathectamy (i think) and basically involved cortorising part of the nervous system which controls sweating by inserting a keyhole procedure under each arm. Was in as a day patient but had to take a week off work to recover. To get to the nerve they have to collapse each lung one at a time, they reckon the recovery to be the same as if I'd been in a bad car crash

Anyway to cut a long story short, it worked for about a year, the treatment is supposed to be irreversable but my sweat glands seemed to have respawned so I'm back to square one (maybe not quite as bad as before!)
Boycey

9th Jun 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bram
quote:
Originally posted by John

I found that to be better than Dricolor but I think they're pretty much the same stuff.

Excessive sweating is heriditory and quite common, my old man suffered with it until his late 20's and i've been the same, mainly in my hands and feet. The medical condition is called 'hyperhidrosis' if you want to do a bit more reading up.

I started off with being prescribed anyhydrol forte and told to roll it on my hands and feet but it made naff all difference on them. Was awesome for my underarms though, as said above it really stings as it drys so don't lash it on first night. I found that after using it for a few months I had to apply it less and less regularly and now probably only use it once a month so I reckon my underarm nerves are completely dead

Made no difference to my hands and feet though so a couple of years ago I took the plunge and had surgery. The operation was called a thoroscopic-endosympathectamy (i think) and basically involved cortorising part of the nervous system which controls sweating by inserting a keyhole procedure under each arm. Was in as a day patient but had to take a week off work to recover. To get to the nerve they have to collapse each lung one at a time, they reckon the recovery to be the same as if I'd been in a bad car crash

Anyway to cut a long story short, it worked for about a year, the treatment is supposed to be irreversable but my sweat glands seemed to have respawned so I'm back to square one (maybe not quite as bad as before!)

I had this operation done as well when I was 14 or 15 but since I was only a young lad they done my left side first then 6 weeks later done the right side. Your lung is in agony when you wake up from the operation!
Eck
Premium Member

9th Jun 09 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually just told Shell about you getting that done half an hour ago Boycey Ps; you have u2u.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any other sweaty badgers on here (Dr. Young may help) 22 database queries in 0.0505610 seconds