corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Can someone open a EXE for me please?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can someone open a EXE for me please?
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
10th Jun 09 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gunna sound weird. Basically, just downloaded some software that came with a crack. It's a plug-in for Photoshop and I got it off TPB from a 'respected' user. Several people have confirmed it is virus-free and so on but it sets my AVG Pro crazy. I trust it enough to open it myself but there's no-way I can get past AVG. I've closed every single task possible but it still pops up saying it could be a virus -- I have got no idea how it's doing it!

Anyway, has anyone got a old/spare box they'd open the EXE on and tell me the details? I would just un-install AVG but that's a crack too and it'd be such a pain finding another!

I'd be really grateful.
pow
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boot the PC in safe mode and stop all AVG tasks and services (Start > Run > services.msc > Stop any AVG services).

Make sure you start them again when you've finished.
noshua

10th Jun 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the crack for? I should be able to get a confirmed virus free one, u2u me the name if you don't want to say here

edit; i'm such a retard, as suggested safe mode should work.

edit2; or exclude the file/folder from AVG altogether

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by noshua]

New Poll