corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting gsi bumper without lugs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting gsi bumper without lugs
arden_paul_m

User status: Offline
18th Jun 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi can someone tell me is there another way of fitting the gsi front bumper without using the lugs on either side as mine have snapped off, can i screw from the back? inner wing to the inside of the bumper
Gareth F

18th Jun 09 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont just screw it on as it will look poo, get some of this type stuff from homebase. Its a two part glue that is fookin strong and stick some small metal plates with a hole drilled in it copying the original bracket shape then fibre glass over the top (if not stick it on then put a layer of the glue over the top) make sure the surfaces are very clean to get a good bonding surface. Hope this helps.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fasteners-Production-Equipment/Service-Aids/Adhesives/Instant-clear/77508/kw/87-4044?source=googleps&utm_source=googleps
arden_paul_m

18th Jun 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh i know what you mean, make a bracket on the inside of bumper for it to hold onto...excellent mate cheers, big help could i glue the original bracket on the inside of the gsi bumper? would that hold?

[Edited on 18-06-2009 by arden_paul_m]
Gareth F

18th Jun 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can do but try to use a plate aswell over the join as there not much surface area to grab to if its just the lug going onto the bumper.

New Poll