corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Samantha Harrington

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Samantha Harrington
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
18th Jun 09 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few pics from today's shoot with Samantha. First proper attempt at trying my new 580EX II's out along with my new modifiers.

They won't be to everyone's taste but they're all intended... Feel free to share your opinion.

Few more can be seen on my Facebook page.
John

18th Jun 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing i'm drawn to in all of them is her red nose.

Might be worth correcting that.
C2RL R

18th Jun 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was just gonna say she looks fucking cold!
Adam_B

18th Jun 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The only thing i'm drawn to in all of them is her red nose.

Same.

Ive found that taking images from slight elevation works better on women as does softer lighting so there features dont look so hard and chiseled if you know what i mean.

[Edited on 18-06-2009 by Adam_B]
xa0s
Banned

18th Jun 09 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lighting was shot through umbrellas and softboxes so very soft... I can't do a lot about her red nose unless I edit it in Photoshop. In all honesty, I wanted opinions on the actual photography...
Butler

19th Jun 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe using a golden reflector to warm it up a bit? The colours themselves are quite cold looking.
John

19th Jun 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
I wanted opinions on the actual photography...

The opinions are on the actual photography, what the picture looks like is up to the photographer and at least 3 different people have been drawn to that over all else in the pictures.

In my opinion i'd either edit it in photoshop or work on correcting it with lighting the next time.
Cavey

19th Jun 09 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta admit, i don't really like them, they're too dark, and i'm sure this was intended as you said you were using soft light.

the first one too dark, the second one i can barely see the background, quite like 3 actually, don't like 4, not sure why, 5 is all right, don't really like the shadow by the nose though and i don't particularly like the sun glare on the last one either.

not the most professional of opinions but you said any feedback
BluKoo

19th Jun 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
was just gonna say she looks link an alcoholic!

EFA

Not a bonny lass imo.

[Edited on 19-06-2009 by BluKoo]
Scotty_B

19th Jun 09 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She looks uncomfortable and the harsh shadow on her face doesn't do anything for her.

3 is the best of the bunch althought the stray hairs on her face a distracting.
xa0s
Banned

19th Jun 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The opinions are on the actual photography, what the picture looks like is up to the photographer and at least 3 different people have been drawn to that over all else in the pictures.

In my opinion i'd either edit it in photoshop or work on correcting it with lighting the next time.

I could spend an hour going over her in PS correcting every little imperfection but I really think it's the models problem. I'm not gunna waste my time doing that unless they request it themselves. You're right in a way, but what if I had a massive model standing in her place? How am I meant to correct that with lighting? There's only so-far you can go when blaming the photographer.

I've seen a lot of rather large, unattractive girls have photoshoots with a professional photographer and the results are... Shocking. The lighting, scene and everything are really good so the photographer has done his job -- there's not much else he can do but you see things different, it seems. What could he do except a lot of PS work.

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
She looks uncomfortable and the harsh shadow on her face doesn't do anything for her.

3 is the best of the bunch althought the stray hairs on her face a distracting.

Funny you should say that, but originally there were no shadows as I originally went for the general 45 degree 'safe option', but the photo she liked the most was an accident at first (I shot too quickly and the flashgun hadn't recharged properly), so I then purposely went for the shadow look. I guess photography is very personal and you'll never get everyone to like 'em.

Looking back at the photos now, I guess the 'red nose' is due to one side of her face being lit and the other side being shadowed meaning the only bit of her face with natural lighting as her nose. It was pretty cold in fairness.
Adam_B

19th Jun 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
quote:

I could spend an hour going over her in PS correcting every little imperfection but I really think it's the models problem. I'm not gunna waste my time doing that unless they request it themselves. You're right in a way, but what if I had a massive model standing in her place? How am I meant to correct that with lighting? There's only so-far you can go when blaming the photographer.

I've seen a lot of rather large, unattractive girls have photoshoots with a professional photographer and the results are... Shocking. The lighting, scene and everything are really good so the photographer has done his job -- there's not much else he can do but you see things different, it seems. What could he do except a lot of PS work.

She isnt a fat or anything though? she just has a red nose
xa0s
Banned

19th Jun 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
She isnt a fat or anything though? she just has a red nose

Yeah but my point is, where does it stop being the photographers 'fault'?
Adam_B

19th Jun 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she has a red nose from being cold and/or lighting issues then its the photographers fault. If she is plain ugly then there isnt anything you can do, seem pretty obvious to me

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Samantha Harrington 23 database queries in 0.0165970 seconds