corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Vodafone PAC?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vodafone PAC?
Tim
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
19th Jun 09 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any way of getting it before it arrives in the post in 3-5 days?

Slightly annoyed with myself for leaving it so late (T-Mobile gave me my last one over the phone so I didn't think it would be a problem)...
noshua

20th Jun 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time I was looking into this, there was an option to do it online, if you had your sim linked to an online account.

Unless that was PUK?
ed

20th Jun 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to wait for mine to come through the post too Tim. I always thought you could get it over the phone, but no cigar...
bubble

20th Jun 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we can get them immediately. but we get charged £25. so its a 5 day wait
Tim
Site Administrator

20th Jun 09 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who charges you £25? This country is seriously backward. One of my Australian colleagues laughed at my 3-5 day wait... Ofcom really need to step up to the mark.

After a bit of Googling it does appear that Vodafone are trying to ensure the process remains slow (court cases, etc). A few days extra line rental adds up I guess...
Robbo

20th Jun 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the phone companies do, it makes it harder for you to leave thereofru consider staying more etc
Tim
Site Administrator

20th Jun 09 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess Three were trying to push this, as a relative late-comer they viewed it as an obstacle to achieving their subscriber targets.

T-Mobile did give it straight over the phone when I left them a couple of years back though
bubble

21st Jun 09 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
Who charges you £25? This country is seriously backward. One of my Australian colleagues laughed at my 3-5 day wait... Ofcom really need to step up to the mark.

After a bit of Googling it does appear that Vodafone are trying to ensure the process remains slow (court cases, etc). A few days extra line rental adds up I guess...

replied to u2u
ed

21st Jun 09 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
all the phone companies do, it makes it harder for you to leave thereofru consider staying more etc
That and the 10-15 mins of "are you sure you don't want a Blackberry Storm?" Yes I fucking well am, thanks.
Robbo

21st Jun 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo

21st Jun 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
I guess Three were trying to push this, as a relative late-comer they viewed it as an obstacle to achieving their subscriber targets.

T-Mobile did give it straight over the phone when I left them a couple of years back though
Aye everyone a few years ago gave em straight away. Wont be lng til its back to that as EU regs say you have to be able to ported over within 12 hours as from some date not too far away!
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Jun 09 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my PAC from 3 via a text, was on the phone for about 15 mins getting it, 13 minutes of that was some foreign woman that I could barely understand trying to sell me an N95 because they couldn't offer me the 5800.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll