corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I feel foobarred...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I feel foobarred...
Daimo B

User status: Offline
24th Jun 09 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went on a jolly jaunt on the Power Ranger machine into France. Lots of motorways, then twisty roads, mountins, crashes, beer, coffee, petrol, money, and adrenaline. Even stumbled on a closed road race for classic bikes which was great. Stayed near Dijon, then at Lake Geneve, then down at Lac Du Annecy.

Then I rode 780 odd miles home in 1 day, and now im pretty battered, and had to come to work today. Talk about a downer.

You know when your REALLY not in the mood, and should be in bed. *raises hand*

Some piccies in a bit. Rather than me do a jolly long post, anyone interested then just ask Anything to waste my day today pleeasseee.

Ended up about 60km south of Geneve (Geneva, Switz/France), left at 6.30am yesterday, made it back to Calais about 3.30pm French time. Not bad going really. Easy in a car, not so easy on a bike, and now i've squared off the new rear tyre, n spent 50 euros on tolls

Im also p1ssed cos my friends are now going over the Alps, into Italy, down to the coast, and along the south of France, and im here, in England, back with the wank assed sh1tty drivers, crap roads, and a "im not interested, i only care that your doing work again" boss

Still, fcuking ACE trip, and one i'll be doing again, and again, and again, but with more time, and more miles.

And I got a hot stone Steak dinner (As like Nurburg restaurant) as well, served by Theo Profeatus (fuck the spelling, the rich bloke on dragons den ).

Ojc

24th Jun 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds awesome, was the weather nice?
_Allan_

24th Jun 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish to get over to the south of france one day on a bike. Looks to be some awesome roads. 780 miles, that's a fair bit in a day.
Got any pics?.
liamC

24th Jun 09 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
I wish to get over to the south of france one day on a bike. Looks to be some awesome roads. 780 miles, that's a fair bit in a day.
Got any pics?.

Fourth paragraph
Daimo B

24th Jun 09 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weather was great. Sunny every day, bar when we were in the mountins, where it got cloudy, but not cold.

Allan, see lots of ORIGINAL old MV's, Ducatis, Triumphs and Nortons, Benellis, Yamahas etc.. Some great roads, honestly man, get your mates, and do it. This is my 2nd trip now, and it gets better.

Got to use my other PC (non networked) to get to my FB profile, so will do in a sec. Got to do the morning crap before the wip bearers come out of their meetings.
Daimo B

24th Jun 09 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno if FB links work

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=90260&id=551858876&ref=mf

Obviously there isn't too many shots of the roads, as we're too busy having fun down them. Friends have got more shots to view when they get back.

[Edited on 24-06-2009 by VXR]
_Allan_

24th Jun 09 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3rd pic, view looks good.
Daimo B

24th Jun 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last stop for me that was. Lac Du Annecy.

We didn't take tents, just found campsites and got villas for about 20-25 euros each per night. Its good cos you can dump the stuff straight off, and go out without the kit on the bike. Annecy is stunning, well recommend the route....

If your ever going that way, let me know and i'll tell you the best roads in the area.

Honestly, do it, road trip on the bikes is much more fun than the cars More tiring, but you can have so much fun together
Marc

24th Jun 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a hell of a bike ride!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you drive home all on your lonesome? sounds and looks like an awesome trip!
Daimo B

24th Jun 09 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, im currently watching my two friends on GPS as they travel through the alps. Even worse is they look to have found some rediculasly mental roads and im not there to play.

Rode home on my lonesome, didn't see many bikers on the way home either till Le Shuttle.

Did see a rallye on the way down though, which included Batman painted 205, a union jack covered Jag, an old crappy, with rear wing like a WW1 german plane, with obligitory gun on the front, which actually fired water

So much went on in such a short space of time, keep getting flashbacks
Daimo B

25th Jun 09 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some bigger shots....

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/general_me_-_pastti/franceswitzerland-b/

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

frigging hell mate i thought you ment on like a road bike not a motor bike

was bloody impressed then
haha
but still

did you just go out of bordem or randomness or something or was it planned?
Liam B

25th Jun 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theo Pathitis served your meal? Never knew he was a waiter
Daimo B

25th Jun 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theeooooooooo He loved the banter, didn't have a clue who the real Theo was though

Flaffy, did you REALLY think i cycled 780 miles in one day??? Seriously????? You got to be blonde or from Essex

Nahh it was planned trip.. Well the first night was anyway, then you just go where the road takes you. PDA's, google maps, and campsite searches ftw... Saved our asses a couple of times

They are both in Nice now
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha at first i thought it
but then i worked out the maths and if it was a full 24 hours wich it wudnt of been but u wud of had to be at a average of 32.5 mph whick although could happen probly wouldnt lol
Ste
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FYI it's fubar not foobarr

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a club in s.port or liverpool called fubar

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I feel foobarred... 23 database queries in 0.0188029 seconds