corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Astra 1.8 sxi low miles silver

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra 1.8 sxi low miles silver
corsasriboy

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 09 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Here we have an X reg, year 2000, Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v sxi in very good condition.

I have owned the car for over a year now and it has never caused me any trouble at all, always starting first time, everytime. It drives brilliantly, very smooth and comfortable. Even after driving other newer cars i often forget that this car is nearly 10 years old! It drives so smoothly and effortlessly,it really is an excellant example.

I spent a long time searching for a good example and ended up paying over the odds at the time but it has proved to have been worth it as it has been a very good reliable car. It benefits from air con, electric windows, disk brakes front and back, sporty seats, cd player and more. I purposely didnt want an SRI as i am lead to believe they are a higher insurance group, with no other real benefits apart from the badge. This car does not have electric mirrors but this means if you even need to replace one they are about 50-75% cheaper than the electric ones. The 1.8 engine is very smooth and easy to drive, and with mixed driving (75% town, 25% dual carriageway/motorway) i see about 40mpg which i think is very good.

There are few marks on the bodywork, but much less than to be expected for a car of this age. The only thing i think is worth mentioning is a slight chip on the front nearside corner where a minor repair looks to have been done. Nothing major though. The alloys are all in good condition with minor curbing marks, but nothing too deep. The pictures really speak for themselves. Viewing is encouraged if you dont believe the pictures.

It has plenty of service history up to 60,000 miles, and the last service was done by myself at 70,000. The car uses no oil or water whatsoever, in fact the coolant is so clean you could bottle it and sell it!

She flew through the last mot with 1 advisory, that there was a slight tear in the rear wiper, so i think they were being very thorough!

I had 2 new tyres fitted to the rear of the car about 2000 miles ago, and the front 2 still have plenty of life in them.

The interior is in excellant condition, all seats are like near, except 3 small rips no more than 15mm long in the drivers seat bolster. These have been carefully stitched and are hardly noticible but i am a very honest person so thought i'd mention them!

The car is fitted with vauxhalls own premium suspension package which uses "Eibach sport" springs, this lowers the car slightly and minimises body roll which was the astras only real downside. This has improved the ride considerably, and is very comfortable and stable, and during normal driving is no more firm than standard. I still have the standard springs, should the new owner decide to put it back to standard (i really dont know why you would though!)

So there we have it, a very good, clean example of a superb car! I am absolutely gutted to be selling her but i am starting my own business and now need a van of some sort (vauxhall combo, astravan, peugeot partner, citroen berlingo, fiat scudo etc etc). I have tried to juggle some money around so that i can keep her but i just can't afford it. Will be very sad to see her go.

Pics are here

Base price £1900

[Edited on 02-07-2009 by corsasriboy]

[Edited on 03-07-2009 by corsasriboy]

[Edited on 04-07-2009 by corsasriboy]

[Edited on 07-07-2009 by corsasriboy]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Astra 1.8 sxi low miles silver 24 database queries in 0.0071111 seconds