corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Not being able to sleep more than a couple of hours a night

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not being able to sleep more than a couple of hours a night
Shane

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 09 at 05:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really starting to piss me off, no matter what time i go to sleep i still end up waking up stupidly early and only getting a max of 4 hours sleep. For example last nigt finally turned the tv off at 11 ish, then it takes ages to get to sleep, and i woke up at 4.30ish.

I try and go back to sleep but i just end up laying in bed for ages(which annoys me). Ive even tried walking to and from work which is an hours walk each way (will start cycling when i get a bike) to try and make myself feel tired but nothing seems to work.

BooHoo poor me

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 05:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do some exercise at the gym

cut out caffeine after 6pm completely

make sure your bed is as comfortable as possible

smoke loads of drugs.

Shane

3rd Jul 09 at 05:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
do some exercise at the gym - thats why ive started walking to work as im poor

cut out caffeine after 6pm completely - rare for me to drink anything caffeine bassed at night

make sure your bed is as comfortable as possible - it is and i want to spend more time there asleep

smoke loads of drugs. - Im 24 not 16

[Edited on 03-07-2009 by Shane]
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 05:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try the drugs option then
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 05:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or drink some beers
Shane

3rd Jul 09 at 05:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
or drink some beers

tried that i still wake up early but with a raging hangover
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 05:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beer or any alcohol will not help you sleep, its been proven.

[Edited on 03-07-2009 by willay]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 05:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i usually go straight to sleep if im leathered
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 05:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://springfield.news-leader.com/lifestyle/health/20050201-Drinkingalcohol.html

you get to sleep faster but your quality of sleep isnt good.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 05:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah
i usually wake up really early

Phi

3rd Jul 09 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its soooo hot at night i cant sleep!!!
Wrighty

3rd Jul 09 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is it thats waking you up? is it the sunrise outside, birds singing or something or is it just your body saying 'get up' ?

you will sleep when your body needs to, and if your only getting 5 hours kip or so your body cant need anymore then that??
BarnshaW

3rd Jul 09 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try having a shower before bed to relax you. make sure your rooms dark, quiet and no distractions.

clear your mind of worries and work and anything thats playing on it.

make sure your mattress and pillows are good to, it sounds crazy but i could not sleep properly on 2 pillows and now i can with one!

if that does not work id maybe try having half a sleeping pill (boots do good non prescription ones called sleep-eze) which make u really relaxed and u just nod off.
DaveyLC

3rd Jul 09 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
try having a shower before bed to relax you. make sure your rooms dark, quiet and no distractions.

DITTO!

Neo

3rd Jul 09 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Agreed

Plus, if your TV is in your bedroom get rid, have your bedroom as "The place you sleep". When you in there, thats all that its for.
Cosmo

3rd Jul 09 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:

Agreed

Plus, if your TV is in your bedroom get rid, have your bedroom as "The place you sleep". When you in there, thats all that its for.

What?

If he is turning it off and not watching it then whats the problem? He isnt waking up to turn it on and watch it.
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure there's not a single sheet of paper in your bedroom either so you can't sit up making origami geese. The bedroom is "the place you sleep".
Cosmo

3rd Jul 09 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also make sure you wrap your hands in selotape so you cant grab hold of things, this will prevent you from wanking. The bedroom is 'the place you sleep'.
Neo

3rd Jul 09 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mock it but its all psychological. If you have been sat in bed for 5 hours watching tv, then roll over to go to sleep, you havent given your body a chance to adjust making it a)more difficult to sleep and b)a lighter sleep.

Cosmo

3rd Jul 09 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive watched TV in bed, before I go to sleep, since Ive been about 12. I have no problems getting to sleep, I have no problems having a deep sleep and I have no problem sleeping right through until when I am meant to wake up.
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo it has been said that the bedroom should be a place of sleep and nothing else, when you sit in bed watching tv you are basically stimulating your brain which can make going to sleep very difficult. Stop being stupid.
Neo

3rd Jul 09 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Different people, for you obviously its fine.

However a lot of people suffer with it and it has loosely been given the name electronic insomnia. I personally can't sleep if i have a tv in my room that i have been watching in the evening.
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like to sleep with the tv off, curtains (black out) shut, wearing no pants, drink half a pint of water and after several wanks.
andy1868

3rd Jul 09 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i watch tv in bed to fall asleep just goes to show the quality of tv these days
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Cosmo it has been said that the bedroom should be a place of sleep and nothing else, when you sit in bed watching tv you are basically stimulating your brain which can make going to sleep very difficult. Stop being stupid.

Come on Willay. If people suffer like that then they simply don't turn on the TV. No need to get rid of it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Not being able to sleep more than a couple of hours a night 22 database queries in 0.0152349 seconds