corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LET conversion... wiring is almost there! More help plz

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LET conversion... wiring is almost there! More help plz
Partyvan
Banned

User status: Offline
   4th Jul 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay big thanks to everyone who helped on the last thread with my C20LET into a Corsa 12v shell

I now have dash lights (handbrake symbol and battery symbol) and the engine will spin on the starter. All the other electrics are working too.

Now, problem is I haven't got an ECU light coming on the dash (yes I have connected the long black ECU +ive wire to the battery)

Also the fuel pump relay is not clicking or switching on the pump. For this, I took the red/blue wire from the footwell plug and spliced it into the red/blue wire on the fuel pump relay behind the glovebox, is this correct?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

[Edited on 04-07-2009 by Partyvan]
AdamF
Premium Member

4th Jul 09 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you wired both the long one to the battery and the small one by the coil to a switched live?

if yes where have the wired the switched live too?

a good test is to put the wire near the coil straight on to the battery and see if it works then?

is it a chipped ecu?
Partyvan
Banned

4th Jul 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, both are definitely straight to the battery. When the switched live touches the battery I get a click from what I think is the ICV!
AdamF
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a chipped ecu?
AdamF
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you getting a spark?
Partyvan
Banned

5th Jul 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Non chipped ECU mate, it's from an early Calibra. And not checked for a spark yet but I assume not if the ECU isn't powering up or triggering the fuel pump relay
AdamF
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 05:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could well be powering up but the ecu light isnt coming on. if you hearing a clicking when you put both wires to the battery then the chances are the ecu is getting power
Partyvan
Banned

6th Jul 09 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdamF
it could well be powering up but the ecu light isnt coming on. if you hearing a clicking when you put both wires to the battery then the chances are the ecu is getting power

There's a click just under the inlet manifold, sounds like the ICV to me!
AdamF
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check to make sure your getting a spark first, then fuel

New Poll