corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Some Pics From Renault World Series..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some Pics From Renault World Series..
Tiger

User status: Offline
9th Jul 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben.
AndyKent

10th Jul 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice enough shots mate, but all look a bit flat if you know what I mean, and possibly a little too much camera shake if I'm honest.

Have you done much motorsport before?
Tiger

14th Jul 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Nice enough shots mate, but all look a bit flat if you know what I mean, and possibly a little too much camera shake if I'm honest.

Have you done much motorsport before?

Odd's and sods really, I dont really have a lens that is wholly suitable for motorsport, i'm more a portrait person to be honest. These were taken from a good 50m from the track and the weather was changeable so the metering needed adjusting a fair bit as I was in manual mode and guessing the exposures. The JPEG compression hasnt done me too many favours either. I've had some full res prints done from TIFF files and they are much more full of pop and vibrance.
AndyKent

14th Jul 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, the compression won't help but next time I would say definately don't use full manual.

Shutter priority or to a lesser extent aperture priority are much better and still give you the control you need.

I never turn mine off Tv mode tbh.
Tiger

15th Jul 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Yeh, the compression won't help but next time I would say definately don't use full manual.

Shutter priority or to a lesser extent aperture priority are much better and still give you the control you need.

I never turn mine off Tv mode tbh.

I'm just so used to using a camera with no metering prism and manual EVERYTHING that i've just come to love it really.

With shutter priority I was getting huge depth of field which I wasnt really after, I ended up stopping down the light a couple of stops with my polariser which enabled me to use a larger aperture and slower shutter combination.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Some Pics From Renault World Series.. 23 database queries in 0.0103710 seconds