corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » seized hubs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author seized hubs
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jul 09 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The corsa's been stood for 18 months and I came to move it the other day and the hubs are seized.

The handbrake has been left off and its been out of gear all of this time; its ben chocked on a flat driveway - I jacked up the car and stood on the spokes of the wheel and couldn't shift any of the wheels

Is there any easy way of freeing seized hubs?
johnhara1

13th Jul 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whack them with a hammer mate.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Jul 09 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the face?
am4nf

13th Jul 09 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont jack it up then jump and then jump on the spokes
johnhara1

13th Jul 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the scrap man came for an old car off my drive, the rear brakes were seized.

He hit the hub with a sledge hammer once on each side and the wheels turned freely.

You should only need a few whacks on the drum with a normal hammer to get them to release.

Worked for me a few times.
davieslim

14th Jul 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get a solid bar and hammer and put the bar against the drum and hit it with the hammer and you will hear the shoes popping back into place had to do one last week thats been parked up for 3 years
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jul 09 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not the shoes, the hand brakes not been on; its definately hubs as the fronts are stuck on as well

edit: But I'l try the hammer and bar trick anyway as its better than trying nothing

[Edited on 14-07-2009 by LiVe LeE]

New Poll