corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is there any pugeot dealer mechanics on here??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is there any pugeot dealer mechanics on here??
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Jul 09 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let me know please, need some advice

Thanks

[Edited on 15-07-2009 by Dan]

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Dan
Premium Member

15th Jul 09 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My problem is, have a 207 gt, 56 plate, done 55k miles

Warranty covers 60k. Just been in for a squeaking when pulling away, from the road test the supervisor says its a flywheel fault.

Person on counter said may not be covered by warranty, depends whats caused it to fail.

Am i likely to get it done under warranty?

jr

15th Jul 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

johnc20xe might be iirc
Rich H

15th Jul 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
johnc20xe might be iirc

Yup was the guy I was thinking of Dan - just found him and jr's already posted lol.
Kano

15th Jul 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
My problem is, have a 207 gt, 56 plate, done 55k miles

Warranty covers 60k. Just been in for a squeaking when pulling away, from the road test the supervisor says its a flywheel fault.

Person on counter said may not be covered by warranty, depends whats caused it to fail.

Am i likely to get it done under warranty?

Probably not, most warantees only cover clutches/flywheels for the first year or 2. Argue it and they may go 50/50 on it or more though..
Dan
Premium Member

15th Jul 09 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clutches ill understand not being covered, but flywheel should be for the entirity

Dan
Premium Member

16th Jul 09 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha!!!

Pugeot dealer says after having it in all day and me expecting them to strip it, that they belive its probably the flywheel, and as its nearly up to the 60k mile warranty they may not be able to replace under warranty.

They asked me if i would agree to pay 1200 before they go ahead and take a look inside the box, in the event its not covered by warranty.

Kiss me arrrse, non genuine 4 piece clutch/flywheel kit, and a few hours next sunday here we go....

Ben G

16th Jul 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the warranty is 60k miles and they say it's a fault then it must be covered under warranty.

doesn't matter if it was 59,999 miles it's still covered for 60,000.
Dan
Premium Member

16th Jul 09 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my point exactly, but there opinion is, a flywheel is part of the clutch, and is a wear and tear part, thefore it is not covered by warranty unless its a mechanical failure of the part.

Now a flywheel is not part of the clutch system imo. So i told him thats rubbish. He said well thats the way it is. so ill do it myself

Gizzy

16th Jul 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there talking shit we do flywheels all the time at vw dealership and every single one gets paid for by warranty we also had recall on flywheels few years back.go back and demand they do it or phone customer support or technical
Kano

16th Jul 09 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
my point exactly, but there opinion is, a flywheel is part of the clutch, and is a wear and tear part, thefore it is not covered by warranty unless its a mechanical failure of the part.

Now a flywheel is not part of the clutch system imo. So i told him thats rubbish. He said well thats the way it is. so ill do it myself

Flywheel is 100% part of the clutch system.. can easily be prematurely worn due to the way cars driven etc. however crap it sounds there probably right to refuse it under warranty.

Andrew

16th Jul 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time i took my car in they were being a bit funny as i had 45k on the clock.

They were huming and arrrrrring over changing a Central Locking motor.
Gizzy

16th Jul 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VW pretty much pay for anything and most time if warrantys just run out by week or say 2k they will still pay for it as a good will gesture as long as car/van has full service history
SXi_Tim

17th Jul 09 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worked at several main dealerships, something they class as a wear and tear item. Not covered under warranty unless its a manufacturing fault.
pow
Premium Member

17th Jul 09 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone customer services and threaten with trading standards.

I can pretty much garentee that will work.

[Edited on 17-07-2009 by pow]
Cyril

17th Jul 09 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work at a peugeot dealer and i think the flywheel should be covered under the warranty.
Richardhhha

17th Jul 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it only squeek when pulling away or does it do it in reverse aswell?

john_c20xe

17th Jul 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fink weve spoke
john_c20xe

17th Jul 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

them dual mass's are a waste of time to be fair, you will need to get hold of the moddified part, basically a standard solid flywheel, a clutch with normal springs in it,

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is there any pugeot dealer mechanics on here?? 23 database queries in 0.0117090 seconds