corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Free postage costing system on Ebay.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Free postage costing system on Ebay.
thegsi

User status: Offline
21st Jul 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tried to list a game and it won't allow me to put anything higher than £0.00 for postage costs due to some new gay fair deal scheme.

No more scamming fools for postage cost for me
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you have to post it for free?

hows that fair?
thegsi

21st Jul 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly.
Jake

21st Jul 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start the bidding off at postage cost
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay is getting so shit for sellers these days. Couldnt believe that sellers cant leave negative feedback wtf is that all about!
thegsi

21st Jul 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Ebay is getting so shit for sellers these days. Couldnt believe that sellers cant leave negative feedback wtf is that all about!

I know. I sold 2 GTA games to some nerd who said they didn't work. I got him to send them back and he scratched the f*ck out of them. After me being nothing but co-operative offering him auction fee back (no p&p) he opened 2 disputes, claimed all the costs back from me, I had 2 f*cked games that were no good and 2 lots of negative feedback. I was f*cking fuming.
alan-g-w

21st Jul 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
start the bidding off at postage cost

I fail to see the sense in this.

Postage would be on top of the final bid i.e. if it ended at a fiver, he would get an extra £1 for postage (for talkings sake). If you start the bidding at a pound it could still end up at a fiver in theory meaning the game sold for only £4.
thegsi

21st Jul 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and Paypal take a percentage and then further costs if you withdraw to bank account. It's all becoming expensive to advertise on Ebay now. Useful, but expensive.
fir3vip3r

21st Jul 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay will be its own downfall in a while, its already getting stupid.

theyll just alienate there member base
eddiewhiteley

21st Jul 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could list your game/dvd in a different category that doent have to have free postage, like clothing, as most people search on keywords rather than searching through categories so your item should still show up.
and then you can charge postage
N16K

21st Jul 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay has been crap for a while now for sellers.
Cosmo

21st Jul 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of the many reasons I fucking hate egay.
N16K

21st Jul 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I know. I sold 2 GTA games to some nerd who said they didn't work. I got him to send them back and he scratched the f*ck out of them. After me being nothing but co-operative offering him auction fee back (no p&p) he opened 2 disputes, claimed all the costs back from me, I had 2 f*cked games that were no good and 2 lots of negative feedback. I was f*cking fuming.

You have his address sign him up for an adult mailing list.
Aaron

21st Jul 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods

Hmm. Yep, i'm pretty sure i'd of wanted to go round to that guy's house and literally cut him up if that ever happened to me
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsiI know. I sold 2 GTA games to some nerd who said they didn't work. I got him to send them back and he scratched the f*ck out of them. After me being nothing but co-operative offering him auction fee back (no p&p) he opened 2 disputes, claimed all the costs back from me, I had 2 f*cked games that were no good and 2 lots of negative feedback. I was f*cking fuming.

I know your pain mate, exact same thing happened to me Sold a set of alloys to a bloke on there. Despite viewing them before even bidding he decides a week later that I'd falsely advertised them. He started a despute so I had no way out. Got the wheels back scuffed and scratched to buggery. Thats the last thing I'll be selling on there
thegsi

21st Jul 09 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
quote:

Jesus christ why didn't I think of that?!

Aaron

21st Jul 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
quote:
Originally posted by N16K
quote:

Jesus christ why didn't I think of that?!

Or even better, send him some form of letter bomb....or Anthrax if you can source some
Twiggy

21st Jul 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold a football.... Buyer said cant pay The 2weeks later said he can...I tell him to fuck off, guess who got the neg feeback?

Whole point of feedback is to show what there tlike at trading? So now looks like he has 100% and does not pay for things and i get fucked!!!

I am just waiting for him to list stuff so i can bid and leave him neg feed back!!!!
Jambo

21st Jul 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fucking hate ebay. Been selling all my transformers on there. They take your money 4times. Before it hits your bank account. Your held to ransom by buyers due to the new feedback system, its a fucking scam.

No alternative tho.
Graham88

22nd Jul 09 at 03:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I advertise on eBay and try and deal with the money side of things out of it then tell eBay they collected.
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd Jul 09 at 07:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold a Nokia data cable on there at the weekend, had to put free postage on it but I thought fair enough, as long as the final price covers the cost of a stamp (started at 49p so it would anyway). Got £1.04 for it, Paypal took 24p, then postage was 61p (had to send via Large Letter in the end) so I'm left with a grand total of 19p extra in my Paypal account

I've also stopped bothering to put the money into my bank account now because of them charging you for it. But when it goes over £50 it's free I've never had that much in there though

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
eddiewhiteley

22nd Jul 09 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont get charged at all for transferring money from paypal to my bnk account, £10 or £100 makes no difference. as ive already said list stuff in another category where you dont have to offer free postage. ive never had money witheld till i got feedback either.

ebay is far from ideal, but the way i look at it that with what i buy and sell, if i didnt do it on ebay, then i wouldnt do it at all, so im prepared for the cut they take, and take it on the chin.
Tommy L

22nd Jul 09 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't used ebay for months. Sold a phone on there and after all the charges, i had lost about £12 which is just ridiculous.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 09 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll never sell on ebay again
Jambo

22nd Jul 09 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they take take take, sucks. I sold a transformer for £4.80 (£2 postage) when guy recieved it he questioned my discription and terminology. He needed to GTF but i couldnt tell him that because he would neg me, so i refunded postage cost of £2. The postage cost £1.45 so leaving me with £1.35 which minus ebay fees meant i went through all that hassle for about 70p.

Joke.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Free postage costing system on Ebay. 23 database queries in 0.0261831 seconds