corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » need some advice pls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need some advice pls
vxr8

User status: Offline
28th Jul 09 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am looking for a corsa b or c ..but as i dont know much about cars i need to ask the following
what is the difference between a c20 let turbo and a Z20 let.

What is the most relaible engine, most powerful engine and sits better in a corsa b or c

I would actually prefer a Corsa c cos it looks more comfy..but basically i want a sleeper to suprise people with.
For info, im an old 50yr man with a mental attitude of a 21 yr old..and i just want a wolf in sheeps clothing.../sleeper.
It must decent condition and ready to go..

could you guyss help me please.
Thank you
vxr8

28th Jul 09 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pps there is one on ebay and i wondered what you guys would think of that..urgent advice pls
Ta
daymoon
Premium Member

28th Jul 09 at 07:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20let is an older engine that came in Calibra, cavaliers....

Z20let is the newer one that come in MK4 and onwards ( i think) Astras

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/90164-c20let-vs-z20let.html
AlunJ

28th Jul 09 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20let is probably the better engine for the gains you could get and thats goes into a B easier from what i've read, although the z20let is a much newer engine (from astra and zafira gsi) and is quite a popular conversion into a C.
vxr8

28th Jul 09 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could any of you helpful guys advise me on this baby???

currently on ebay 350232446453

will this be a good car?...with the spec the chap has..will it be a flyer?..any concerns or worries where things may go wrong??
any advice greatly appreciated

ta
philip2

28th Jul 09 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too be fair that corsa c does look well done, besides the bonnet vent and alloys.

the engine in that is the C20let from the cav/calibra.

im not clued up on the later z20lets, so not sure if they are on a fly by wire which can either cost a reasonable amount to get to work. one lad on here has a corsa B with a Z20let i think.

typical problems are sensors on either engine. tuning wise the C20let has way more to offer, but for what id imagine you'd be willing to spend, then either c or Zlet would be fine. otherwise your looking at quite a few thousand to built an all steel engine, with headwork, pistons, rods, valves, tubular manifold, bigger turbo, aftermarket ecu etc etc.

may sound stupid but whats your budget?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » need some advice pls 22 database queries in 0.0097580 seconds