corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick question regarding headunits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question regarding headunits
moka

User status: Offline
28th Jul 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My headunit says 4x 45w... Now that obviously means 45w's to each speaker...

If i was to take the rear two speakers OUT would it then run 90w's in each of the front speakers or am i just retarded?
Dom

28th Jul 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
My headunit says 4x 45w... Now that obviously means 45w's to each speaker...

If i was to take the rear two speakers OUT would it then run 90w's in each of the front speakers or am i just retarded?

At the very most it'll put 45watts to each channel, you'll hit distortion way before you achieve those figures. And it's 45w's to each channel, i've never seen a headunit that allows you to bridge channels like what you're suggesting - so yes you're being retarded
oceansoul

28th Jul 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thay be max values too. You want rms values to work with. Divide by root2 i belive, which is 0.707 i think

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick question regarding headunits 22 database queries in 0.0080400 seconds