corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » amp wiring help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author amp wiring help
moka

User status: Offline
31st Jul 09 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a car and it had a wiring kit already in place.

I have just bought an amp and already have some 6x9's. I bought the JBL GTO-4000 amp.

Anyway... my setup atm looks like this

Im not too sure how to connect the red and blue wires to the amp as theres a plastic block at the end which looks like im going to need to get myself some wire to connect it to the block then to the amp? Can i just take the block away and directly connect the wire?

Also i do not have a ground wire, or i cannot find one, just the wires above... is this needed? Can i just get some wire from an old plug or something? or use speaker wire?

help please

DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 09 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help zone?
John

31st Jul 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Help zone?

You'll also have to explain what they wires are.

I tried to work it out from your diagram but couldn't.

Actually I think I've got it.

Red is power, blue is remote and the other ones are phonos.

That's all you need apart from some wire the same thickness as the red powere wire for an earth, connected to some bare metal in the boot somewhere.

Asking can you use speaker wire as an earth i'd possibly get somebody else to do it though.

[Edited on 31-07-2009 by John]
moka

31st Jul 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help zone takes ages to reply

The red is power and the blue is remote.. the other grey one is RCA.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 09 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's what it is for though, people will see it eventually, posting in here will just make Willays head throb.
moka

31st Jul 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt have a fuse on the 12v line (near the battery). what fuse do i need for it? I have no idea what the wiring can take but the amp is 600w and the 6x9's are 500w.
Dan H

1st Aug 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what wattage RMS is your amp and 6x9's? the amp should be enough to power your 6x9's.
if you just go to halfords and get 2ft of thick Power cable, lift up your rear seats, get a 21mm socket and undo the bolt where the seat belt plug things are, scrape the paint away and then put the bare wire under the bracket and tighten it down, then just wire it all up and set up your amp.
the way me and my mate set up our amps is to put the stereo on the max volume that the standard speakers can cope with, then plug in your RCA's and tune the 6x9's in with abit of bass and abit more volume, dont put amp on max as it will blow your speakers and thats no good lol
also you need a 40amp fuse as close to the batters as possible, there should be a little black thing in the live near the battery just open that and put the fuse in. if there isnt anywhere to put a fuse in you will have to buy like a little glass fuse and cut the power cable near the battery and attatch the glass like fuse think to the power cable

hope that helps

[Edited on 01-08-2009 by --DannyH2k9--]

New Poll