corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » parking charge

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author parking charge
ajscorsa

User status: Offline
7th Aug 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mrs parks in a car park and has done for months.

recently signs have went up overnight stating you need to pay, but you have to phone up and pay by card, and tell them how long you will be etc. The signs are tiny and half way up a lamp post which she cant even see to read. So obviously she never noticed the signs as they just popped up over night. Now she has a fine for £75 and if she doesn't pay in 14 days its up to £150.

anyone know how she can get out of paying this? or if there is anything she can do about it.
Kurt

7th Aug 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos the fine from?
Ben G

7th Aug 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loads of info about parking charges here mate, see if any are relevant to your missus' situation.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=article&id=56
ajscorsa

7th Aug 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Star Park the company is called. cheers Ben
Gregor

7th Aug 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was something like this on the real hustle
Ste
Premium Member

7th Aug 09 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read this stuff http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/private.htm

AND DO NOT PAY IT

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
DaveyLC

7th Aug 09 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never paid a parking ticket in my life.. Contest it, 9 times out of 10 they go away.
dannymccann

8th Aug 09 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of people dont pay them because isnt it the case that it costs x amount to actually set up a court case that they cant afford to lose, with x amount being several times more than the actual parking ticket?
AlunJ

8th Aug 09 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as it isn't a railway station car park (where there are actually bylaws in place) you can usually forget about it
ajscorsa

8th Aug 09 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys, so what do u think best plan of action is? Ignore it or write a letter recorded delivery and explain in a legal way that they can go fuck themselves?
bigboykarl

8th Aug 09 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ignore it..they will go away
DaveyLC

8th Aug 09 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
thanks guys, so what do u think best plan of action is? Ignore it or write a letter recorded delivery and explain in a legal way that they can go fuck themselves?

Yep, send a letter telling them to go fuck them selves in a very polite manner..
Carl

8th Aug 09 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rule is if it is council (or police) pay it, if it is some private company, don't. Council comes under criminal law, the other is civil. The civil one you are NOT obliged by law to say who was driving.

BEst thing to do is send a letter back saying you don't know who was driving, and if they have any photographic evidence of who was driving you will assist them in finding out, until then do not write to me in regards to the ticket etc.

I have done it, the compnay basically innored my first letter and sent the fine again, so I sent it back a second time and they got the message then.

The letter templates are available to save any time consuming work too.
DaveyLC

8th Aug 09 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt matter whos driving under ANY of the circumstances as you are required by law as the keeper of a vehicle to know how's driving it.

As for Civil v's Ciminal Private companies come under the same civil laws as local councils.

Basically these private companies are using stupid bylaws to setup shop and then paying the DVLA to get your details.

They are normally trying their luck, you can contest it and if you do normally they cant be arsed but if they continue to persue it you could end up going to county court.
ajscorsa

8th Aug 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
The rule is if it is council (or police) pay it, if it is some private company, don't. Council comes under criminal law, the other is civil. The civil one you are NOT obliged by law to say who was driving.

BEst thing to do is send a letter back saying you don't know who was driving, and if they have any photographic evidence of who was driving you will assist them in finding out, until then do not write to me in regards to the ticket etc.

I have done it, the compnay basically innored my first letter and sent the fine again, so I sent it back a second time and they got the message then.

any idea where I could get the template mate? its worth a go.
Carl

8th Aug 09 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Doesnt matter whos driving under ANY of the circumstances as you are required by law as the keeper of a vehicle to know how's driving it.

As for Civil v's Ciminal Private companies come under the same civil laws as local councils.

Basically these private companies are using stupid bylaws to setup shop and then paying the DVLA to get your details.

They are normally trying their luck, you can contest it and if you do normally they cant be arsed but if they continue to persue it you could end up going to county court.

Wrong. Only in criminal law which the councils (and police who can issue tickets) operate under does the registered keeper have a duty by law to say who was driving.

The parking companies can't act through this as it comes under civil, which is then contractual. For there to be a contract there needs to be two parties, BUT because there is no law for them to be able to force the registered keeper to say who was driving they are screwed unless they have VERY comprehnsive evidence that would stand up in court.
Carl

8th Aug 09 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

any idea where I could get the template mate? its worth a go.

Just found this by sticking "disputing parking ticket by private company" in google, probably loads of others too if you want to have a proper luck around.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » parking charge 23 database queries in 0.1971109 seconds