corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Self tapping screws with a gsi spoiler?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Self tapping screws with a gsi spoiler?
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
10th Aug 09 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to fit my gsi spolier back on and for some reason the spot welded screws that should at the top of the tailgate are not...

It wasnt the bodyshop who took them out as it didnt have any in when I took the spolier off before it went.

It already has the holes in though so is it just a case of self tapping screws to get the bracket back on?

Cheers
random dav
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Aug 09 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see why you couldn't, the only thing I could think of would be them vibrating loose over time.

WRLFC !

Project cars
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
10th Aug 09 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thread lock them, should be OK. You'll need fairly small heads on them though otherwise they won't clip on properly. And make sure they're properly painted/treated as they'll rust if not or if they don't the boot lid will.

New Poll