corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Using a heat gun on your arches advice....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using a heat gun on your arches advice....
johnhara1

User status: Offline
13th Aug 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonig to heat gun the arches tonight so im asking whats the best procedure to follow?

Should i mask the paint work around the trim or will it be ok?

Cheers

[Edited on 13-08-2009 by johnhara1]
Dan H

13th Aug 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just heat up the arches and bumper tops, no need for masking tape, i didnt mask mine up and the came up spot on
moka

13th Aug 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont be scared of it mate, warm it up a little bit before you direct it onto the bumper. Your find you will need to get quite close and go slowly... never hold it in one position move left and right slowly... its easy.
johnhara1

13th Aug 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought as much, just wanted to confirm.

Cheers lads.
Root

14th Aug 09 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh most people use heat guns to remove the double-sided industrial strength glue under the rubstrips so don't be worried about it getting to your paintwork, just make sure to move it about left and right and not hold it in one place, else you could run the risk of "blistering" it, so to speak.
wacwac86

14th Aug 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to do this but found rubbing a bit of baby oil on gives just as good an effect and it repels the water so it duznt ed up running down your bumpers and stuff like back to black
Root

14th Aug 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wacwac86
i used to do this but found rubbing a bit of baby oil on gives just as good an effect and it repels the water so it duznt ed up running down your bumpers and stuff like back to black

I've used back to black, you just spray around the area left and right. It doesn't run, at all. It sprays like a deodorant, if you're concerned you've sprayed some on the paintwork (which won't really do anything anyway, you could wash and polish it afterwards and any slight inperfections will buff out. But I've heard johnsons does work well on the arches and black bits, lol

New Poll