corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Dole
Whittie

User status: Offline
15th Aug 09 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you feelings on it?
John

15th Aug 09 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You beat me because I can't make a thread without fucking it up
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on the dole, been on it a few times. Don't have any problems with going on it, I've paid money to them for years so when I need some back I'll happily take it. However, I don't agree with foreigners coming over and taking it.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 09 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's my feelings, if they asked what you were going to spend it on and you said 'bits for my car' and they refused to give you it then it would be wrong to draw it and buy bits for your car.

However, if you are entitled to it and you are given it, and you need bits for your car, where is the issue?

Your complaint would be better directed at the people who administer the benefits rather than those who draw it.
John

15th Aug 09 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get what you are saying Ian, people will take whatever they can get away with, I would to a certain extent.

That doesn't make it ok though.

My poll would have got us a more accurate figure of the general feeling than making people post though

[Edited on 15-08-2009 by John]
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 09 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I can see, this isn't a long term plan to be on there either.

If we were talking about someone who has been on for years and plans to continue to do so then perhaps my feelings would be different.
John

15th Aug 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Necromancer has been on there for years, as in about 4 or 5 years.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 09 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does he buy car parts with his?
John

15th Aug 09 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 09 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuming.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sarcasm overload in here.
Whittie

15th Aug 09 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never felt the need to go on it, could of.

Mate has 14k+ in the bank, was made redundant, still lives at home, yet he went on the dole and has been for a few months now.

Some people have different views on it, and morales I guess.
Hammer

15th Aug 09 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was made unemployed and refused to go on it tbh. There's a stigma attached to it, plus I don't think I could handle being labelled in the same group as junkies and all the rest of it. There may come a time I need it though, I'm not going to pretend I'm too proud as if it came to it then it came to it.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 09 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on it, they gave me it, I felt no stigma. Who is going to turn down free money?
mattk

15th Aug 09 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been on it since early march, I have 6k saved up whicj I refuse to touch because it for a house, there are simply no jobs in my field, Im unemployed because of that, not because I choose to be, its £50 a week, your hardly robbing anyone being on it
Hammer

15th Aug 09 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I was on it, they gave me it, I felt no stigma. Who is going to turn down free money?

Me

Is it the case you stand in line with the scum of the earth? I always picture it to be like The Full Monty.
richc

15th Aug 09 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my area, there seems to be a big divide, between the richer and poorer, even though its all in the same town.

You get alot of dole dossers (over 25% of the population) then you go 1 mile further into town, and you got your big detached houses, flooded with Brand new Audis, bmw, mercedes etc.

I have friends who are from the 'richer' side, how have £10,000 cars at 18 year old etc, then i also know people who are on the dole. Tbh, I can understand why people are on it, its brilliant.

A friends just been laid off a couple of weeks ago (she has a young child). She now gets her house paid for, all the bills, job lot, and it eqautes to her being £300 a month better off. Now as she going to look for another job? Would you? I know i wouldnt. Fuk em. For these people, i think i can understand why the are on the dole.

But then there is another side. They have 6 kids, flood the town centres all day with role ups and track suits on, generally looking and smelling like shit. These people milk it and need to die. They just milk it and claim diasabilities, and i dont know how.

The system is completley fucked up.
Needs binning and starting again.
mattk

15th Aug 09 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Me

Is it the case you stand in line with the scum of the earth? I always picture it to be like The Full Monty.

no. you go into a room every fortnight and sign a piece of paper, then the following tuesday you get £100 into your bank account
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

13 week interviews now? take this job or you're off the dole.
mattk

15th Aug 09 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had my 13 week interveiw, I think the people know the genuine from the piss takers, I have good qualifications and there are actualy no jobs here for me to do, they do a quick search while Im there and every week say ohh no there isnt anything this time Im afraid and Im sure it will go on lke that till I do find something

pissing credit crunch shit
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 01:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up here it's different, at my 13 week I was told to go on a course to help me find work or I was off the dole, simple as that.
c20let

15th Aug 09 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Ive been on it since early march, I have 6k saved up whicj I refuse to touch because it for a house, there are simply no jobs in my field, Im unemployed because of that, not because I choose to be, its £50 a week, your hardly robbing anyone being on it

you're a plumber aye? are you guys still quiet down there?
we've picked up heaps up here, we're struggling for enough plumbers the now
John

15th Aug 09 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My plumber cousin still doesn't have enough hours in the day to do everything he's asked to do.
c20let

15th Aug 09 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
My plumber cousin still doesn't have enough hours in the day to do everything he's asked to do.

where are you from?
Aberdeen area has picked up shitloads, in the construction trade anyway.
John

15th Aug 09 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glasgow, he's not picked up, he's just continued as he's done for years.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole 22 database queries in 0.1620359 seconds