corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » emissions on an MOT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author emissions on an MOT
Wrighty

User status: Offline
20th Aug 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt this only a 'recomended' thing, not a legal requirement? if so, how can they fail you for not meeting recomended emissions limits?

safe to say the bm failed yesterday just over the limit due to a knackered CAT..i just dont get how they can fail it if its not illegal?
Gareth F

20th Aug 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its like the exhaust sound i guess, theres going to be an acceptable maximum. Get them to poke the probe up another car for £30
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the car is pre 1992 the emissions regs are pretty lenient, its got to be bad to fail.. If its pre2001 then your specific car will have a limit most will require a cat to meet those limits.. If its post 2001 its even tighter..

If your car does not meet emissions it WILL fail an MOT.. If you get pulled by VOSA on a random road side check and they test it your car WILL get prohobitied.
S@M

20th Aug 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brian leightens bum me for emmisions every year john haha! if they dont get me on that, they get something else.... ive mot'd 6 cars with them and every one failed for something! grr

Toby
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S@M
brian leightens bum me for emmisions every year john haha! if they dont get me on that, they get something else.... ive mot'd 6 cars with them and every one failed for something! grr

Thats the problem with Dealerships, they dont care and are not very open to bribes
S@M

20th Aug 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsaBforever

i think i saw you at A19 junction the other day, might of been a cupple of weeks ago actually.... pulling out left towards selby

i was sat on my motorbike going right towards york. its a blue one with rizzla stickers...

was it you?
Toby
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably although my missus drives it more than me so could have been her.
You still got the skyline aswell?
S@M

20th Aug 09 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes still got the skyline, but gona sell it soon as i fancy a change

it was definatly a lad driving, might not have been yours then

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by S@M]
Wrighty

20th Aug 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S@M

a tiny bit of colour had flaked off my indicator bulb and savoy failed me on that too

just winds me up, dont nothing but spend money on this shed
Oli_p

21st Aug 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive wondered this, as my old corsa turbo was an m reg so after 92 plate, so all cars should have a cat, the limit for this was 3.500 and passed way below this. took my R reg corsa turbo without cat and it failed but this time the limit was only 0.300 and i got 0.354. basically i got a cat fitted and took it back but max limit this time was 0.250. i thought each maximum was done by car reg??

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » emissions on an MOT 22 database queries in 0.0120449 seconds